Returning simmer: FSX:SE FSX SDK & ADE Question

drmweaver2

Been a long time since I've simmed or modded FSX. I've just installed FSX:SE as my FSX disks were lost in a fire some time ago.

Now I find out that FSX:SE doesn't have the SDK and ADE requires it.

Any idea how or where to find the SDK without trying to find a boxed version of FSX on eBay or elsewhere?

You need to download and install the P3D SDK v1.4, I believe.

It can be downloaded AT THIS LINK.

The regular FSX SDK won't install to FSX:SE, but the P3D one does. Works fine too. I have it, it works quite well for FSX:SE.

Hope this helps some...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Sorry for the delay in responding. Got lost in the number of forums I'm reading to re-acquaint myself and the number of YouTube videos I've been watching for the same reason.

Thanks for the link... I assume it's a straight-forward install?

Anything I need to do in particular to get it to work with FSX STeam?

Glad I could help :D

I assume it's a straight-forward install?

Anything I need to do in particular to get it to work with FSX STeam?

Well, like almost everything, the answer is yes and no. Installing the SDK it's self is straight forward. Much like any scenery, you can install it just about any place you like. C:\SDK, D:\My Folder\P3D\SDK, whatever. The usual .MSI install process.

Now, the hard part: You have to manually add it into your sim's DLL.XML, and/or EXE.XML file, ensuring that the pathing is 100% accurate. Not difficult, just very detailed. Capitol letters, commas, backslashes, everything.

Does that answer your questions?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived