Missing Victor Airways on SkyVector Charts

Does anyone have an idea what might have happened to all the Victor Airways around the Northeast Ohio area? There appears to be an area with a radius of nearly 100 miles around Cleveland in which there are no longer any low altitude airways.

Thank you,

Tim

ASUS GL 12CX; Intel i7 9700K 3.6 GHz; 16 GB GDDR8 Memory; System BUS 2660 MHz; 8 MB L3 cache;

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6; Windows 10 Home x64

I don't see any lack of Victor airways around Cleveland. V-6, V-30, V-40 and many more appear on their sectionals.

I'm looking at "World Low" and I don't even see the airport at Sandusky (KSKY). Look at DJB (Dryer) and you will see no Victor airways. There should be at least V6. But, there are no Victor airways in the Cleveland area. You have to go out 70 to 100 miles before you see them. I have made numerous low altitude flight plans out of the Cleveland area and I have those flight plans in a folder. I was attempting to make a new flight plan today and I couldn't believe my eyes. As soon as I centered on Cleveland, I noticed the difference. As I said, even KSKY is gone.

I thought maybe Jeppeson was updating that area or something and the missing airways would return in a day or so. All I need to do is look at that area (Cleveland) in World Low and I can see it: it's wiped out of Victor airways.

Thank you,

Tim

ASUS GL 12CX; Intel i7 9700K 3.6 GHz; 16 GB GDDR8 Memory; System BUS 2660 MHz; 8 MB L3 cache;

On the World Lo I don't see them either. Since you indicate they once were there, I can only suggest that perhaps someone out there has some reason. However I just took a look at the L30 enroute chart from the FAA's site, and it's also missing those, so it appears that the gov has done that -- don't know why.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

On the World Lo I don't see them either. Since you indicate they once were there, I can only suggest that perhaps someone out there has some reason. However I just took a look at the L30 enroute chart from the FAA's site, and it's also missing those, so it appears that the gov has done that -- don't know why.

Thank you for confirming that I'm not developing dementia. I live in this part of the world and have been flight simming since FS4 and this just happened in the last week or so. It reminds me of what happened to the entire Republic of Ireland. Nobody seems to know what happened there, either. But there are no airways there either, High or Low. Weird.

It appears that, for some reason, Somebody does not want us to use Victor airways in that area. If you center World Low on Mansfield, Ohio and then zoom out a bit you can actually see the hole. It's like something from a B Sci-Fi movie. :)

The J airways are still there (for right now, anyway). I thought maybe Jeppesen was updating that small area and they would have it fixed. I think it strange that this post has had so many views and yet nobody seems to know anything. Weird.

Thanks again for your confirmation.

Thank you,

Tim

I thought maybe Jeppesen was updating that small area and they would have it fixed.

Those charts on Skyvector are not Jeppesen charts -- they are U.S. government charts. Jepp is a private company and, though they make their own charts, they use government data. However, I don't know of any free Jepp charts, but there are several sources of free US gov charts.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Archived