Project Airbus A321 Trim

ryanspringer2294

Hi there,

I am having trouble with flaring the PA A321. On the other PA variants (A318, 19 & 20) I can flare by using trim. However when I try this on the A321, it just starts climbing.

Where am I going wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi there,

I am having trouble with flaring the PA A321. On the other PA variants (A318, 19 & 20) I can flare by using trim. However when I try this on the A321, it just starts climbing.

Where am I going wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One doesn't flare an Airbus. It should do it for itself, automagically.

Read the literature and find out if you're doing it right or they're doing it wrong...

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know about the Project Airbus. When hand flying the real airplane the FMGCS will input a slight nose down pitch input at 50 feet which simulates the effect of a non fly by wire aircraft entering ground effect. This naturally (and rather unconsciously) forces the pilot to react. A nice landing is achieved with a flare beginning concomitant with the throttle "retard" call at 20 feet.

The 321 lands better flaps 3 with more tail clearance than flaps 4 due to slat sequencing. We are encouraged to land flaps 3 to avoid the possibility of a tail strike unless we need the lower landing speed for brake cooling.

Have no idea how your sim works, but that's how it's done on the real aircraft

Archived