Is FS2004 Still Available?

LTCSZ

After an absense of several years, i decided to get back into Flight Simulatiion...I pulled out my trusty copy of FS2004 and begin installing...All went well ungtil Disc 4...When I examined it, I found many scratches, dings, etc...It just will not run...I have cleaned it and tried a couple of different HD drives...No luck...Is an image of Disc 4 available anywhere? (I don't want to do anything illegal)...Can one still buy a virgin copy of FS2004 anywhere without getting robbed? Any advice is appreciated!

I thought there was a legal patch out there that one could download to where you wouldn't need disc4, but sounds like you need disc 4 for the download portion?

And, I might be wrong, but I thought there was a phone number for Microsoft that you could call and when providing proof you have the purchased set, they could provide you with a replacement disc? Could have just been a bad dream?

Rick :cool:

After an absense of several years, i decided to get back into Flight Simulatiion...I pulled out my trusty copy of FS2004 and begin installing...All went well ungtil Disc 4...When I examined it, I found many scratches, dings, etc...It just will not run...I have cleaned it and tried a couple of different HD drives...No luck...Is an image of Disc 4 available anywhere? (I don't want to do anything illegal)...Can one still buy a virgin copy of FS2004 anywhere without getting robbed? Any advice is appreciated!
Some video game shops can refurbish scratched disks now, maybe there's one near you?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Okay, check this out and many more still available on Ebay!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-2004-A-Century-Of-Flight-PC-4-CD-ROMs-Windows98-Me-XP/273280919053?hash=item3fa0cfe60d:g:ogQAAOSwKL1bHXCl

I still have my old set, BUT, it would probably cost more to send my set to you than what you could buy a replacement set for on Ebay! This set says $9.99 + $2.77 shipping, so for less than $13.00 you have a replacement set and I still have mine! :)

There is a no cd file existing on the internet, but the file of that I just mentioned you have to have what's on the cd you have installed before hand, you could try using the nocd thing with ought cd 4 but I doubt it will work

My best guess is to get the cd cleaned

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darren - Yes that occurred to me when I was typing the post. He needs disc 4 for the download!

They still have inexpensive 4 disc sets on Ebay. I don't know what a specialty shop would get for cleaning/repair of that one disc? Oh well, he has some options!

Ebay, Amazon, some other Online Stores, But very much doubt you'll find it at your local Store.

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

We've got stores that can repair 'em here in the UK, for the price of a burger you can have disk scratches polished out in a matter of minutes:

https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/10151/info/StaticPageDisplay?langId=44&storeId=10151&categoryId=34569&brdcrmb_trail=Help%7CProducts-Services&catalogId=10201

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Took Disk 4 to the local Game Spot store and had them polish it up...(No charge!)...Fixed it up just fine! Thanks for the suggestions...I am now up and running!

Good move, glad you got it running again! Now get a protective sleeve, don't let the cats and dogs play with Disc 4 and put it away in a safe place!

Good point...most people these days who don't have original cds have a copy or something...in another decade should be fine to get access to download the whole thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived