Hollenthal Bahn (In Bavaria)

We made the flight from EDTD to EDTF, yes that does sound like models of MG automobiless. But this trip was to find traces of the Hollenthal Bahn, which is a railroad line Jan has talked about.

Sadly even ORBX didn't depict the rail line. But if you look at some of the roads we pass over, they may be the railroad. (This isn't photo-real scenery.)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

In this Tower View our Caravan is the small dot in the blue sky. I probably should have fired up the lights.:o

12.jpg

13.jpg

Man that airport has some close and narrow taxiways!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi!

I likely missed some step :), I thought that was about Switzerland, and now we are in Bavaria!

Hey don't worry it happens all the time. This was a route Jan suggested I try in response to my Switzerland shots.

"Michael, great virtual pics of the area! Great place to visit, lots of other fine places nearby: Colmar, The Black Forest in Germany (Freiburg), it's all there! May I suggest the great mountain railway "the Hollenthal Bahn".(Hell's Valley Railroad) "

Above is the quote which got me curious about a part of Bavaria I hadn't been to. So this set of shots are of the area where the "Hell's Valley Railroad" runs. And as I said, looking at the RW pictures of the railroad in Wikipedia and seeing the "roads" in these shots, perhaps some of these "roads" are actually that twisted reversing rail line. ;)

Colmar, The Black Forest in Germany (Freiburg)

Got it! It's where I'd gotten wrong. Because Colmar and Freiburg had stopped me: I know Colmar, a fine city in the French region of Alsace (fine wines too :):)), and I had been too in Freiburg. I had just found that getting out of one's car seems a great endeavour in Germany. After visiting the area from my car, I just could barely stand out on a parking for some rest :):):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Love the shots! :cool::cool::cool: The area looks good, even without the tracks:)

Hey Jan,

There are some great videos in your link!!! I love that they're through the locomotive windshields!

I well remember the first time I was crossing a long trestle and about to enter a tunnel while sitting in a locomotive cab. As we rocked back and forth I was almost convinced that even though the tunnel was over 100 years old, we'd hit the sides!!:eek::eek:

I was harassed about that for months by everyone who was told that story. And believe me, I wasn't the one doing the telling!!:o:o And as those kinds of stories go, every time it was retold, I was more scared than the time before!!

Michael

Very nice Larry!

And with FS9 the "roads" do look more like railroad bed! Plus, as Kenny said, we're not talking photos here. These are sim shots!!;)

Thanks to everyone who views my and others' work! I'm not nearly as good at thanking viewers as I should be! :o

Michael

I found the Hollenthal Bahn in default FSX, and it's VERY accurate. Not the best scenery but everything is there. I'll post the pics.:) Just take off at Freiburg RW 16, turn east till you see the Mosle Stadium and follow the valley, you can see the railroad next to road on your right hand side.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes,

I had plugged in the route in the GPS from one airport to the other. I think it took me up the wrong valley. I crossed the stadium and then must have gone too far north. :o I re-flew it just now using your instructions and both the road and the railroad do show up. And I ended up about five miles south of where I did the other flight.

I took some more shots, I may post them when I get the time.

TitiSee is the smallest lake)

Ach! You couldn't know Jan, that when a child, my surname was Titi, the name for typical Paris' children, a figure of Montmartre and so and so :):) I don't see why in Germany, they gave my name to that smallest lake. Why not the largest?!! LOL

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

My graphics cannot compete with FSX or P3D, but I did find the Hollenthal Bahn with FS9 and UT Europe from Freiburgu to Donaueshingen.

Still Looks Good Larry :cool:

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

Larry, the graphics of default FSX are certainly NOT good in several parts of the world! Your pics of TitiSee are much better than mine of the same area.:(

Gerard, or Titi, don't know what to say.... The smallest lake..... Is there no Lac Gerard?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not to let some in unbearable anguishes :) , I remember we have the famed Gérardmer lake in the Vosges, eastern France, but that's doesn't make any Titimer :cool: Anyway, I don't matter. Maybe those German cousins didn't quite understood when naming that lake of old :)

What about some drink?

Ho! Yes, it's quite a small pond. But anyway :cool:

What bothered me much was that Titisee, but, like said, maybe they had not the concept already in Germany in those old ages about the year 1,000 A.D. :):) Thank's for the search! As that pont seems not landable, I think I will be quiet for some refreshing baths there :):) Exclusive property LOL

Archived