Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hollenthal Bahn (In Bavaria)

Default Hollenthal Bahn (In Bavaria)

We made the flight from EDTD to EDTF, yes that does sound like models of MG automobiless. But this trip was to find traces of the Hollenthal Bahn, which is a railroad line Jan has talked about.

Sadly even ORBX didn't depict the rail line. But if you look at some of the roads we pass over, they may be the railroad. (This isn't photo-real scenery.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	392.1 KB 
ID:	203532

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	385.2 KB 
ID:	203533

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	396.8 KB 
ID:	203534

Name:	4.jpg 
Size:	397.9 KB 
ID:	203535

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	399.0 KB 
ID:	203536

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	398.0 KB 
ID:	203537

Name:	11.jpg 
Size:	382.1 KB 
ID:	203538
    In this Tower View our Caravan is the small dot in the blue sky. I probably should have fired up the lights.

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	260.9 KB 
ID:	203539

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	377.3 KB 
ID:	203540

Man that airport has some close and narrow taxiways!

Michael
    Last edited by Rupert; 06-12-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Hi!

I likely missed some step , I thought that was about Switzerland, and now we are in Bavaria!
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimg View Post
    Hi!

I likely missed some step , I thought that was about Switzerland, and now we are in Bavaria!
    Hey don't worry it happens all the time. This was a route Jan suggested I try in response to my Switzerland shots.

"Michael, great virtual pics of the area! Great place to visit, lots of other fine places nearby: Colmar, The Black Forest in Germany (Freiburg), it's all there! May I suggest the great mountain railway "the Hollenthal Bahn".(Hell's Valley Railroad) "

Above is the quote which got me curious about a part of Bavaria I hadn't been to. So this set of shots are of the area where the "Hell's Valley Railroad" runs. And as I said, looking at the RW pictures of the railroad in Wikipedia and seeing the "roads" in these shots, perhaps some of these "roads" are actually that twisted reversing rail line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    Colmar, The Black Forest in Germany (Freiburg)
    Got it! It's where I'd gotten wrong. Because Colmar and Freiburg had stopped me: I know Colmar, a fine city in the French region of Alsace (fine wines too ), and I had been too in Freiburg. I had just found that getting out of one's car seems a great endeavour in Germany. After visiting the area from my car, I just could barely stand out on a parking for some rest
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

5. Default

Great idea for your trip- too bad the lines weren't represented...

Love the shots! The area looks good, even without the tracks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esnpRWmMn94

Hi Jan!

Some Train Simulator, or what?

Great looking pics Michael, good capture of the area, with or without tracks, after all this is flight sim. Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by peer01 View Post
    Love the shots! The area looks good, even without the tracks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esnpRWmMn94
    Hey Jan,

There are some great videos in your link!!! I love that they're through the locomotive windshields!

I well remember the first time I was crossing a long trestle and about to enter a tunnel while sitting in a locomotive cab. As we rocked back and forth I was almost convinced that even though the tunnel was over 100 years old, we'd hit the sides!!

I was harassed about that for months by everyone who was told that story. And believe me, I wasn't the one doing the telling!! And as those kinds of stories go, every time it was retold, I was more scared than the time before!!

Michael

Default Hollenthal Bahn

My graphics cannot compete with FSX or P3D, but I did find the Hollenthal Bahn with FS9 and UT Europe from Freiburgu to Donaueshingen.

Click to enlarge

Name:	fsscr000.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	409.8 KB 
ID:	203546

Name:	fsscr001.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	473.7 KB 
ID:	203547