X-Plane 11 Benchmarks

DominicS

Hi Dominic and everyone.

I would be cautious in using, or accepting, some of the BMarks posted. I wrote a Lua script that captures FPS and dumps them to a file. My numbers on a 4.3GHz, 16GB RAM win7 64 Pro, 1080 GTX in 4K mode, settings medium to high, were from 22-41. The test included some scenery addons and the low FPS were in areas like KLAX, KSFO, with addon.

FPS can also be misleading when you get to / go below 20 and XPlane uses it's own time / extends real time to maintain that FPS. If one gets to that level, the sim cannot be used for IFR training either, if you start your timer the Real time may be 90 seconds but the actual flight / sim time may be extended rendering it useless. Most users have no knowledge of that problem.

As far as I am concern, at least for me, FPS is Not the problem, i's other things like flight dynamics, continuity / compatibility, ability to use some of the older acft to display the Instrument panel, properly in XP11, etc. There are some acft like Aerobask_LA_Akoya_2.4.xp11, and others, that were developed by some commercial developers, that you cannot roll down the runway in, cannot take off with them.

One common denominator that I see represented by the users that tend to show how good the sim is, is outside views, as if they are wing walkers. If that is what they use the sim for I see merit to it, or they can get GSim and, except for viewing the acft from outside, you can get close to the same visuals.

The results the Bmark shown below is not very representative of what I see in many locations, and it does not take into account the stutters when new tiles load, lighting changes...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Application was launched with the following command line options...

'--fps_test'='3'

'--load_smo'='Output/replays/test_flight_c4.fdr'

'--pref:_bpp_full_ALL'='32'

'--pref:_is_full_ALL'='1'

'--pref:_x_res_full_ALL'='3840'

'--pref:_y_res_full_ALL'='2160'

-------------------------------------------------------------------

OpenGL Vendor : NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Render : GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2

Archived