Show off your desktop

CRJ_simpilot

Here's mine.

ig6Dj6z.jpg

I actually got a fantastic deal on the CH Products yoke and pedals. I was at a yard sale and they were sitting there for $25 for both. LOL!!! Said you have a deal! thought perhaps they wouldn't work, but I plugged them in and sure enough they worked! I couldn't believe my luck. I saved a ton of money. The curved screen which is a Samsung something or other I got for Christmas. I don't even remember what size it is now. The other screen is a Dell and I've had that for years. One day I'll buy the same curved screen to replace the Dell. Desktop is to the right. You can barely see it. And under the desk is a brand new 500 watt Cyberpower UPS. Works great. I killed the power to the power strip and my computer, two monitors and speakers stayed on like nothing ever changed. It said had about 15 minutes of run time which is fine. Enough time to safely shut down.

If I win the lotto, I've seen some full fledged 737 cockpits on eBay I wouldn't mined owning. The last one I saw was going for the low rate of about 55k. Tell you the truth, I'd either build my own or have someone come out and do it all for me.

BTW- That's not a huge crack pipe on the shelf. It's a boiling flask and next to that is a beaker. I have a few other pieces of glassware there two including a few Erlenmeyer flasks. No, I don't make meth. LMAO I'm a scientific minded person. They're decoration. I have a very large Erlenmeyer flask on my bookshelf for all my change. Geiger counter and thermal imager is in the cabinet. LOL Got an EMF meter too. Didn't find any ghosts in the house. :(

Here's mine. All home built to the tune of approx £1500.

It took a year to build mainly due to my slow programming

skills ! Lol.The co-pilots G1000 is a dummy as this all runs off

one PC and I only have 4 graphics card ports to play with and

also didn't want to push my system to the point of ruining my frame rates.

Intel i5 @3.4Ghz,Gefore 1070GTX, 8Gb Ram .FSX.

Cheers

Stinger

desk.jpg

Yeah, that was lucky. I was always complaining while flying the PMDG 737 in FS2004 that I couldn't crab the plane for crap with my game pad. I could, but it just wasn't very easy or real. So I wished I had a real yoke and pedals. A few years latter at a yard sale I saw both sitting there. Dude said something to his wife like, "glad those are gone." I was like great they probably don't work. But I plugged them in and configured the button assignments and they worked. No problems at all. I don't know why he was selling them for so cheap. They go for a pretty penny on eBay.

I have dual monitors, but I'm thinking about going VR. But to tell you the truth I've always wanted a drone (quad copter) and the one I'd like is a DJI Mavic Pro. You can combine virtual reality with the drone as well.

A little late on the topic but, here's mine. As I am flying only GA planes, mostly in

the Pacific Coast area(with all Orbx basics & all FTX regions) and using Track IR,

the little panel is perfect for my needs.

I'd like to win the lottery and add a motion platform under.. ;-)

sim panel.JPG

Dan

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

A little late on the topic but, here's mine. As I am flying only GA planes, mostly in

the Pacific Coast area(with all Orbx basics & all FTX regions) and using Track IR,

the little panel is perfect for my needs.

I'd like to win the lottery and add a motion platform under.. ;-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]203553[/ATTACH]

Dan

Nicely lit up !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks Stinger but it's nothing compare to your very nice "glass-cockpit" panel.

Very impressive, really.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

You guys are a mazing! I'm totally ashamed to even think about my little laptop and joystick setup. You guys do give me something to aspire to though. Thanks for the pics.

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

You guys are a mazing! I'm totally ashamed to even think about my little laptop and joystick setup. You guys do give me something to aspire to though. Thanks for the pics.

No offense to anyone (all fun pics) but I much prefer to just see the everyday setups. Desk, joystick, the environment. CRJ_simpilot's setup is my fav here. The Southwest model, Trump, poster, that he uses a yoke over joystick, prefers two screens, all more of interest to me than full on cockpit setups. Hope some people will post more "typical" pics. You got a laptop Bill, I would love to see where you normally set it up and use FS.

Mark Daniels

I don't really care what kind of setup one has. I created the thread for all to share their desktop flight Sims. So it's no biggie.

I did an 18 minute long video with me rambling about all the crap on my desk, but the video caught a pic of my crappy bed and I didn't want that in the public domain. HAHAHA So I'll have to redo it, and this time I'll make it shorter.

No offense to anyone (all fun pics) but I much prefer to just see the everyday setups. Desk, joystick, the environment. CRJ_simpilot's setup is my fav here. The Southwest model, Trump, poster, that he uses a yoke over joystick, prefers two screens, all more of interest to me than full on cockpit setups. Hope some people will post more "typical" pics. You got a laptop Bill, I would love to see where you normally set it up and use FS.

Well, this is as ordinary as it gets:

Sim PC.jpg

Apart from the bottle-conditioned Marston's Pedigree (I NEVER flightsim without it!) what we have here is:

CH Yoke & Pedals

Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7

Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd to 4.2GHz with NZXT X62 Kraken liquid cooler

16Gb Ram

1TB Samsung Hybrid SSD (C:\ drive)

2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD (D:\ drive)

LG DVD/CDRW

Gigabyte NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case

Alba L26M1 HDMI TV (Monitor)

BTC Voice Command Smart Keyboard

Logitech USB Mouse

Windows 7 x64 with wufuc patch for Kaby Lake/Ryzen CPU's

FS2004 v9.1

FSX sp2

Amazon Echo Spot (try: "Alexa, play PLANET ROCK" Oh, yeah!)

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

You're more than welcome! I owe a pint to quite a few guys here at Flightsim.com...

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Well, this is as ordinary as it gets:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]203615[/ATTACH]

Apart from the bottle-conditioned Marston's Pedigree (I NEVER flightsim without it!) what we have here is:

CH Yoke & Pedals

Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7

Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd to 4.2GHz with NZXT X62 Kraken liquid cooler

16Gb Ram

1TB Samsung Hybrid SSD (C:\ drive)

2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD (D:\ drive)

LG DVD/CDRW

Gigabyte NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case

Alba L26M1 HDMI TV (Monitor)

BTC Voice Command Smart Keyboard

Logitech USB Mouse

Windows 7 x64 with wufuc patch for Kaby Lake/Ryzen CPU's

FS2004 v9.1

FSX sp2

Amazon Echo Spot (try: "Alexa, play PLANET ROCK" Oh, yeah!)

Wow, I didn't think a Kaby would work in 7. I don't care about updates myself, so no hack needed, but the fact it runs is impressive. Have you gotten any BSODs or any other abnormalities? I wouldn't mind a 7700k myself. It looks like it has a slight bump in single threaded ability vs my Skylake i5 6600k.

Nice setup. I have the GIGABYTE AORUS GA-Z270X-Gaming K7.

Microsoft don't WANT you to get Windows 7 running on a Kaby! They want you to use Windows 10 instead... Which I did for 5 months until I got fed up of my favourite add-ons not working... So back to Windows 7. I had to work out how to load my mainboard drivers by keyboard commands only, because Win7 doesn't support Intel USB 3.0 or 3.1 extensible chipset - thank heavens I don't have a USB keyboard! I was getting constant 'Unsupported Hardware' warnings and Windows Update kept failing on 8 or 9 updates... so I googled the error and found this fix: https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc

This removes the 'Unsupported Hardware' warnings and re-sets Windows Update - which DOES support the 'unsupported' hardware after all! No BSOD's or other crashes to report, but the CH Yoke & pedals don't wake up after putting the PC to Sleep or Hibernate. I launch the CH Control Manager on wake-up and go to Test/Calibrate, then click Rescan, which wakes up the Yoke and Pedals again. It's not THAT much hassle and well worth it!

Yeah, I have Windows 7 64 and 3.0 USB ports as well. When I installed my OS I could not use the keyboard or mouse due to the absence of the driver. Even USB 2.0 wouldn't work. So I had to burn the driver to CD with my laptop and use a PS/2 mouse (luckily this MOBO has a PS/2 port) and open the driver from there. Once the USB 3.0 driver was installed I had access to all USB ports.

I don't use the control manager for my yoke and pedals. I found that FSX IDs them fine and can map the buttons. I should let you know I have read about numerous problems with PCs using hibernation or sleep mode. You really should just shut down the computer. I never use those low power settings. I'd rather have a fresh boot up without any issues.

I think I'll slip stream the USB driver into my OS disk instead.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I am utterly astounded by these photos.

It would take a half hour's diligent work to get my desk anywhere near that clean. (My last professional job they would close my office door before bringing visitors through the area.)

As ordinary as it gets.... part deaux.

Unfortunately I can't drink and fly.

Desk.jpg

Win 7 HP 64 bit, Zalman Z9 Plus case

Asus P8Z77-V LX Mobo ,i7 3770 3.4ghz CPU

16GB DDR3 1600mhz ,GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 OC

1TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD

The X52 stick was OK at first then it got very 'notchy' especially in pitch up.

I tried all the suggestions I could find regarding lubrication none of which made any difference.

I also tried the trick of reducing spring pressure using cable ties to compress the spring, that turned the stick into a piece of floppy rubbish.... it now resides in a local landfill site.

So , back to the Microsoft FF2, I've owned it for getting on 19 years, the best piece of sim hardware I've ever had.

Oddly the trigger switch failed a couple of days ago so I had to move the function to a spare button on the X52.

If the FF2 ever fails completely I may find it hard to find a replacement of such robustness and quality.

Win 7 HP 64 bit, Zalman Z9 Plus case

Asus P8Z77-V LX Mobo ,i7 3770 3.4ghz CPU

16GB DDR3 1600mhz ,GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 OC

1TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD

If the FF2 ever fails completely I may find it hard to find a replacement of such robustness and quality.

I have the same X-52 as well. Still going strong from release 15 years ago. If your FF2 fails, maybe consider the X-52 again. With Logitech buying out Saitek, they've been replacing some of the so-so aspects of the Saitek hardware. I'm a Logitech fan and have confidence in them so for me, it'll be another X-52 when the time comes.

The FF2 has certainly done you well.

Mark Daniels

Archived