Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Show off your desktop

I don't really care what kind of setup one has. I created the thread for all to share their desktop flight Sims. So it's no biggie.

I did an 18 minute long video with me rambling about all the crap on my desk, but the video caught a pic of my crappy bed and I didn't want that in the public domain. HAHAHA So I'll have to redo it, and this time I'll make it shorter.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    No offense to anyone (all fun pics) but I much prefer to just see the everyday setups. Desk, joystick, the environment. CRJ_simpilot's setup is my fav here. The Southwest model, Trump, poster, that he uses a yoke over joystick, prefers two screens, all more of interest to me than full on cockpit setups. Hope some people will post more "typical" pics. You got a laptop Bill, I would love to see where you normally set it up and use FS.
    Well, this is as ordinary as it gets:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sim PC.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	378.5 KB 
ID:	203615

Apart from the bottle-conditioned Marston's Pedigree (I NEVER flightsim without it!) what we have here is:
    CH Yoke & Pedals
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
    Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd to 4.2GHz with NZXT X62 Kraken liquid cooler
    16Gb Ram
    1TB Samsung Hybrid SSD (C:\ drive)
    2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD (D:\ drive)
    LG DVD/CDRW
    Gigabyte NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb
    Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case
    Alba L26M1 HDMI TV (Monitor)
    BTC Voice Command Smart Keyboard
    Logitech USB Mouse
    Windows 7 x64 with wufuc patch for Kaby Lake/Ryzen CPU's
    FS2004 v9.1
    FSX sp2
    Amazon Echo Spot (try: "Alexa, play PLANET ROCK" Oh, yeah!)
    Last edited by tiger1962; 06-16-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post

Apart from the bottle-conditioned Marston's Pedigree (I NEVER flightsim without it!)
    Care to share another one with you buddy?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

You're more than welcome! I owe a pint to quite a few guys here at Flightsim.com...
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Well, this is as ordinary as it gets:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sim PC.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	378.5 KB 
ID:	203615

Apart from the bottle-conditioned Marston's Pedigree (I NEVER flightsim without it!) what we have here is:
    CH Yoke & Pedals
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
    Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd to 4.2GHz with NZXT X62 Kraken liquid cooler
    16Gb Ram
    1TB Samsung Hybrid SSD (C:\ drive)
    2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD (D:\ drive)
    LG DVD/CDRW
    Gigabyte NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb
    Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case
    Alba L26M1 HDMI TV (Monitor)
    BTC Voice Command Smart Keyboard
    Logitech USB Mouse
    Windows 7 x64 with wufuc patch for Kaby Lake/Ryzen CPU's
    FS2004 v9.1
    FSX sp2
    Amazon Echo Spot (try: "Alexa, play PLANET ROCK" Oh, yeah!)

Wow, I didn't think a Kaby would work in 7. I don't care about updates myself, so no hack needed, but the fact it runs is impressive. Have you gotten any BSODs or any other abnormalities? I wouldn't mind a 7700k myself. It looks like it has a slight bump in single threaded ability vs my Skylake i5 6600k.

Nice setup. I have the GIGABYTE AORUS GA-Z270X-Gaming K7.
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 06-16-2018 at 06:34 PM.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Microsoft don't WANT you to get Windows 7 running on a Kaby! They want you to use Windows 10 instead... Which I did for 5 months until I got fed up of my favourite add-ons not working... So back to Windows 7. I had to work out how to load my mainboard drivers by keyboard commands only, because Win7 doesn't support Intel USB 3.0 or 3.1 extensible chipset - thank heavens I don't have a USB keyboard! I was getting constant 'Unsupported Hardware' warnings and Windows Update kept failing on 8 or 9 updates... so I googled the error and found this fix: https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc
    This removes the 'Unsupported Hardware' warnings and re-sets Windows Update - which DOES support the 'unsupported' hardware after all! No BSOD's or other crashes to report, but the CH Yoke & pedals don't wake up after putting the PC to Sleep or Hibernate. I launch the CH Control Manager on wake-up and go to Test/Calibrate, then click Rescan, which wakes up the Yoke and Pedals again. It's not THAT much hassle and well worth it!

Yeah, I have Windows 7 64 and 3.0 USB ports as well. When I installed my OS I could not use the keyboard or mouse due to the absence of the driver. Even USB 2.0 wouldn't work. So I had to burn the driver to CD with my laptop and use a PS/2 mouse (luckily this MOBO has a PS/2 port) and open the driver from there. Once the USB 3.0 driver was installed I had access to all USB ports.

I don't use the control manager for my yoke and pedals. I found that FSX IDs them fine and can map the buttons. I should let you know I have read about numerous problems with PCs using hibernation or sleep mode. You really should just shut down the computer. I never use those low power settings. I'd rather have a fresh boot up without any issues.

I think I'll slip stream the USB driver into my OS disk instead.
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 06-16-2018 at 10:30 PM.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx

Upgrade.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2