Problem Running CFS3

cloud jockey

posted a problem about running MSCFS3 after first installation but not able to run a second start because of message, "another copy already running." Problem appears to be game didn't shut down properly after the first time I played. I clicked on "quit game" which did appear to shut down the game, but apparently it did not. I just bought a refurbished HP Compaq 6300 small form factor PC from Amazon. I have a nice collection of WW2 fighter aircraft that I flew years ago. Retired recently and want to get back to sim flying. Can anyone out there advise me on this issue. thank you.

Cloud Jockey

Right click the taskbar

click "task manager".

In task manager click the "processes" tab.

In the processes tab click the button "show processes from all users".

Find a process named cfs3, combat flight simulator, or the developers company name.

Right click the process and click the option to stop it.

If that fails to do it, rebooting the pc should do the trick also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

top gun. I followed your "task mgr' instructions and did not find CFS3 or combat flight simulator. Microsoft is the developer of MSCFS 3. In task mgr window found 2 each MSCORSVW.exe (image), user name "user" and under description, ".net run

I found two other microsoft labels under "description. "msseces.exe" with user name being user name. The other image is nissrv.exe with user name being "local."

After attempting to run the game, I removed the disc and rebooted. same problem.

could you show an image of the error message?

In "Start-Menu"--"Accessories" use "Snipping Tool" to take a screenshot of the error message.

When posting this is what to click on to upload an image:

image posting.JPG

The image will appear in the message. Just like this one.

(File size must be smaller then 475kb or so)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived