Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brussels (EBBR), Belgium-Dijon (LFSD), France on A Vacation Flight!

Default Brussels (EBBR), Belgium-Dijon (LFSD), France on A Vacation Flight!

Hi!

With June, summer vacations flights turn in demand!
    That morning, we flew from Brussel, Belgium (EBBR) to Dijon, France (LFSD) on a flight mostly reserved by a vacation agency. We started from Belgium, with people either going to Dijon only or, with that agency, to Dubrovnik, Croatia. And we made a stop in Dijon, Burgundy, France -- my home town, no one kidding -- to embarked more Dijoneers to that destination too
    Hope you enjoy! Cheers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brusdij001.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	460.0 KB 
ID:	203502
    Pushed back at Brussels EBBR!

Name:	brusdij002.jpg 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	203503
    Climbing now on a route which will require a FL change by mid-course

Name:	brusdij003.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	354.4 KB 
ID:	203504
    On that swift flight of barely more than one hour, we soon reached TOD

Name:	brusdij004.jpg 
Size:	345.4 KB 
ID:	203505
    Descending now to Dijon, LFSD

Name:	brusdij005.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	431.5 KB 
ID:	203506
    By chance, some ground view appeared taken from our freeware we recently updated and released, about terrains in the area of Dijon (that one is Til Chatel, LFET; not much rendered as buildings missing )

Name:	brusdij006.jpg 
Size:	427.3 KB 
ID:	203507
    We are now maneuvering on the VOR approach to rwy 36 at Dijon! No more ILS there!

Name:	brusdij007.jpg 
Size:	311.7 KB 
ID:	203508
    And again, one of our terrains, Nuits-St-Georges, LFGZ (that time the terrain's definition asked too much time to draw)

Name:	brusdij008.jpg 
Size:	463.1 KB 
ID:	203509
    On the final to LFSD, rwy 36!

Name:	brusdij009.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	380.6 KB 
ID:	203510
    Vacating the runway!

Name:	brusdij010.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	445.8 KB 
ID:	203511
    Dijon, LFSD was once a French AFB as some remains hint to that

Name:	brusdij011.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	456.2 KB 
ID:	203512
    Parked now! Dijon turned a civilian small airport, and with varied aviation-related small companies

Name:	brusdij012.jpg 
Size:	440.2 KB 
ID:	203513
    Here are our Dijon passengers ready to embark. Next stop the Adriatic sea!

all my flights with:
    .boxed FSX Gold Edition with the Acceleration Pack
    .my plane, a Cantu/Kittyhawk Boeing 737-200ADV I tweaked under several aspects, and made liveries for
    .some miscellaneous freeware improvements (tarmac textures, pax window view, and the like with some airport aprons, taxiways and runways improved by me from the FSX default)
    .people on the tarmacs, my creation with personalized default FSX people
    .weather with <a href="http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm">FSXWX</a> (and some clouds textures like adviced)
    .flightplan partly with the <a href="https://www.simbrief.com/">simBrief</a> site
    .flight doc with the e-AIP sites of countries concerned
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Very nice flight and nicely displayed and narrated Gérard!
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by NMLW View Post
    Very nice flight and nicely displayed and narrated Gérard!
    Thanks Larry for that early answer! I appreciate such comments!
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Great shots G'erard!! I especially enjoyed the mention of Dubrovnik. Whether earned or not in the US Dubrovnik, which I've never visited, is considered the best place in the Med to go if you want to be near the sea but don't want to have to put up with the sun. The same can be said of Great Britain, except it's on Atlantic, not the Med.

Having said that, I must admit I'll be spending about a month in Great Britain again this year. Don't ask why! It's not something I can justify. It's just who I am.

Michael

Thanks for the answer, Rupert. I never been neither in that area. I just crossed northern Croatia then the rest of Jugoslavia, the times I was heading to Greece. From what I'd seen in Zagreb, Croatian look like nice people. Didn't know about the weather on the coast!
    Cheers!

You're a busy man Gerard, flying a lot, designing sceneries, posting here..... I like the pics, and I admire your efforts to create some decent sceneries. Nice pics again! Oh, and what about the promised Chablis!

Quote Originally Posted by peer01 View Post
    You're a busy man Gerard,
    Oh no! That's just the occurrence which made: 1) terrains around Dijon were long overdue 2) and I just took to profit I was on that sprea of modifying airports I fly with the Boeing 737-200 =
    And I just started to rest since Saturday Flying and posting here is no business, it's the pleasure to fly, and to check with gentle airmen of varied nationalities

Quote Originally Posted by peer01 View Post
    Oh, and what about the promised Chablis!
    I won't compromise a good French wine with unreliable courriers, like that was the case last time

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimg View Post
    Oh no! That's just the occurrence which made: 1) terrains around Dijon were long overdue 2) and I just took to profit I was on that sprea of modifying airports I fly with the Boeing 737-200 =
    And I just started to rest since Saturday Flying and posting here is no business, it's the pleasure to fly, and to check with gentle airmen of varied nationalities

I won't compromise a good French wine with unreliable courriers, like that was the case last time

Cheers!
    That wine wasn't compromised! I enjoyed every drop!!!!

Michael

But I'm your Dutch, noble, handsome, friendly and very talented pilot friend!

Yes, I do understand well. But I don't see I would waste a good French wine one more time! And have you checked the recent post by a certain Rupert, from the U.S.?!! LOL I thought that that Chablis had been lost or diverted by a Frisian. In fact no, it seems?!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast