Brussels (EBBR), Belgium-Dijon (LFSD), France on A Vacation Flight!

Hi!

With June, summer vacations flights turn in demand!

That morning, we flew from Brussel, Belgium (EBBR) to Dijon, France (LFSD) on a flight mostly reserved by a vacation agency. We started from Belgium, with people either going to Dijon only or, with that agency, to Dubrovnik, Croatia. And we made a stop in Dijon, Burgundy, France -- my home town, no one kidding -- to embarked more Dijoneers to that destination too

Hope you enjoy! Cheers

brusdij001.jpg

Pushed back at Brussels EBBR!

brusdij002.jpg

Climbing now on a route which will require a FL change by mid-course

brusdij003.jpg

On that swift flight of barely more than one hour, we soon reached TOD

brusdij004.jpg

Descending now to Dijon, LFSD

brusdij005.jpg

By chance, some ground view appeared taken from our freeware we recently updated and released, about terrains in the area of Dijon (that one is Til Chatel, LFET; not much rendered as buildings missing :) )

brusdij006.jpg

We are now maneuvering on the VOR approach to rwy 36 at Dijon! No more ILS there!

brusdij007.jpg

And again, one of our terrains, Nuits-St-Georges, LFGZ (that time the terrain's definition asked too much time to draw)

brusdij008.jpg

On the final to LFSD, rwy 36!

brusdij009.jpg

Vacating the runway!

brusdij010.jpg

Dijon, LFSD was once a French AFB as some remains hint to that

brusdij011.jpg

Parked now! Dijon turned a civilian small airport, and with varied aviation-related small companies

brusdij012.jpg

Here are our Dijon passengers ready to embark. Next stop the Adriatic sea!

all my flights with:

.boxed FSX Gold Edition with the Acceleration Pack

.my plane, a Cantu/Kittyhawk Boeing 737-200ADV I tweaked under several aspects, and made liveries for

.some miscellaneous freeware improvements (tarmac textures, pax window view, and the like with some airport aprons, taxiways and runways improved by me from the FSX default)

.people on the tarmacs, my creation with personalized default FSX people

.weather with FSXWX (and some clouds textures like adviced)

.flightplan partly with the simBrief site

.flight doc with the e-AIP sites of countries concerned

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Very nice flight and nicely displayed and narrated Gérard!

Thanks Larry for that early answer! I appreciate such comments! :):cool:

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Great shots G'erard!! I especially enjoyed the mention of Dubrovnik. Whether earned or not in the US Dubrovnik, which I've never visited, is considered the best place in the Med to go if you want to be near the sea but don't want to have to put up with the sun. The same can be said of Great Britain, except it's on Atlantic, not the Med.

Having said that, I must admit I'll be spending about a month in Great Britain again this year. Don't ask why! It's not something I can justify. It's just who I am.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks for the answer, Rupert. I never been neither in that area. I just crossed northern Croatia then the rest of Jugoslavia, the times I was heading to Greece. From what I'd seen in Zagreb, Croatian look like nice people. Didn't know about the weather on the coast!

Cheers!

You're a busy man Gerard, flying a lot, designing sceneries, posting here.....:eek: I like the pics, and I admire your efforts to create some decent sceneries. Nice pics again! :cool::cool::cool: Oh, and what about the promised Chablis! :mad:
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're a busy man Gerard,

Oh no! That's just the occurrence which made: 1) terrains around Dijon were long overdue 2) and I just took to profit I was on that sprea of modifying airports I fly with the Boeing 737-200 =

And I just started to rest since Saturday :):):) Flying and posting here is no business, it's the pleasure to fly, and to check with gentle airmen of varied nationalities :) :cool:

Oh, and what about the promised Chablis!

I won't compromise a good French wine with unreliable courriers, like that was the case last time :):)

Cheers!

Oh no! That's just the occurrence which made: 1) terrains around Dijon were long overdue 2) and I just took to profit I was on that sprea of modifying airports I fly with the Boeing 737-200 =

And I just started to rest since Saturday :):):) Flying and posting here is no business, it's the pleasure to fly, and to check with gentle airmen of varied nationalities :) :cool:

I won't compromise a good French wine with unreliable courriers, like that was the case last time :):)

Cheers!

That wine wasn't compromised! I enjoyed every drop!!!!;)

Michael

Yes, I do understand well. But I don't see I would waste a good French wine one more time! And have you checked the recent post by a certain Rupert, from the U.S.?!! LOL I thought that that Chablis had been lost or diverted by a Frisian. In fact no, it seems?!!

Yes, I do understand well. But I don't see I would waste a good French wine one more time! And have you checked the recent post by a certain Rupert, from the U.S.?!! LOL I thought that that Chablis had been lost or diverted by a Frisian. In fact no, it seems?!!

G'erard, perhaps it's the language thing, but you seem to misunderstand the situation. Not a drop of that Chablis was wasted! It was consumed by a couple of people who appreciated it!

I much prefer Margaux, but hey sometimes you have to drink what you can get.;) And besides I've gotten rather used to drinking on Jan's tab!!:cool:

Michael

G'erard, perhaps it's the language thing

Ho! I see! The language barrier is something delicate somehow :D

On the other hand, if no drop of that sample of our Burgundy wines was misused, I cannot see any additional remark to make :cool: :cool:

I much prefer Margaux, but hey sometimes you have to drink what you can get.;) And besides I've gotten rather used to drinking on Jan's tab!!:cool:

Michael

+1 Maybe a nice Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, white, a good Chardonnay or with seafood a Picpoul de Pinet from Languedoc. Am I a wino, or what??

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

+1 Am I a wino, or what??

Well, from the point of view of a guy like me from Burgundy, everyone who appreciates wine with no excess is not a wino but a distinguished amateur indeed :):):) About the Picpoul de Pinet, it's a excellent white wine for the summer season. I just bought some for the coming season! During summer, I don't drink Burgundy but mostly wines from southern France :D

Well, from the point of view of a guy like me from Burgundy, everyone who appreciates wine with no excess is not a wino but a distinguished amateur indeed :):):) About the Picpoul de Pinet, it's a excellent white wine for the summer season. I just bought some for the coming season! During summer, I don't drink Burgundy but mostly wines from southern France :D

+1 This is my mantra.....

19e7dec4a57564fdd918d7b8453f62d9--vintage-tins-retro-vintage.jpg

Personally with a few exceptions I prefer the whites from New Zealand.

But I'm mainly a red guy. For lunch today we shared a bottle of Pavillon Rouge from Chateau DU Margaux 1995. It was quite nice but I think I'll wait a few years till I open another one. I feel it could use a little more aging. ;)

Michael

Personally with a few exceptions I prefer the whites from New Zealand.

But I'm mainly a red guy. For lunch today we shared a bottle of Pavillon Rouge from Chateau DU Margaux 1995. It was quite nice but I think I'll wait a few years till I open another one. I feel it could use a little more aging. ;)

Michael

Eww! Old wine?? Give me some of dat fresh stuff!:rolleyes: Ya know, aged in the bottle about 2 minutes. Thunderbird, Ripple, Annie Greensprings....the good stuff!

Hey,

I'm sitting on my hands waiting for things to age. I make do with what is fresh as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]203558[/ATTACH]

Plus I don't have to worry about a bad cork! ;)

My box is better than your box!;)

bAZZugrgRkqldHEMWL_WuQ_375x500.jpg

Mmmmm! Your pics are making me thirsty :p:)

On the other hand, for me now, at about 9 p.m. local it's Bierstub's time. I have lived some time in the eastermost parts of France, where they are next to Germany, and I appreciate since a good evening beer! Chins up!

Archived