Thread: I decided to comeback into the FlightSim. Shall I stay with FSX or get XP11/P3D?

Default I decided to comeback into the FlightSim. Shall I stay with FSX or get XP11/P3D?

Hello everyone,

I really loved playing FSX. It was, in fact, my first game when I got my first PC. It was a rusty old Packard Bell PC with Intel Pentium 2 and a 8400GS in it. No idea how I played FSX on it!

I played FSX for thousands of hours. Some years ago I actually figured out how to fully operate the PMDG 737 from cold and dark. But now, I forgot everything.

I was really addicted to it. I especially loved playing it with career-mode like addons.

After a break of about 3 years I decided to come back into it. It took me couple days do set it up, but now my FSX looks really amazing. I got many addons for it, so I am not sure if it is worth moving to another game. The addons I own are following:

PMDG 737/777
    Some airport sceneries
    REX Essential Plus Overdrive
    FS Global
    ORBX FTX Global
    Air Hauler
    EzDok
    MyTraffic Professional

My FPS are usually great, unless I am on ground with traffic. My setup:

i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
    16GB RAM
    GTX 1070 Ti (Got SLI, but one is plenty haha)

So, after all, is it worth upgrading to X-Plane 11 or to P3D?

If so, which addons would you suggest?

Best regards,
    Last edited by wiegetz; 06-08-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Most of those addons will need repurchasing for X-Plane or P3D, so why would you consider them? A start-from-scratch approach makes this question moot.
    Do you even qualify for P3D - it is NOT a gaming product? Note this cannot be discussed in any forum here: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...reement-(EULA)
    I just mention it in passing - it's for your conscience and wallet

Do you have DX10 Fixer? There are literally thousands of addons available to enhance FSX and your list shows a surface, barely scratched.

Stay with FSX UNLESS you are troubled by VAS depletion and OOM's.

I agree with Mallcott. Stay with FSX unless you have a VERY good reason not to (such as OOM's). I own them all and if I had it to do over again I'd never look at X-Plane (I never use it) nor P3D (nice eye-candy but just FSX by another name). Enjoy what you have. Add some ORBX regions and you'll be good-to-go for thousands of hours more..........Doug
    Intel 4790K @ 4.7Ghz, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 motherboard, Noctua NH-U12S cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2133 MHz RAM, nVidia GTX 970 GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.