I decided to comeback into the FlightSim. Shall I stay with FSX or get XP11/P3D?

wiegetz

Hello everyone,

I really loved playing FSX. It was, in fact, my first game when I got my first PC. It was a rusty old Packard Bell PC with Intel Pentium 2 and a 8400GS in it. No idea how I played FSX on it!

I played FSX for thousands of hours. Some years ago I actually figured out how to fully operate the PMDG 737 from cold and dark. But now, I forgot everything.

I was really addicted to it. I especially loved playing it with career-mode like addons.

After a break of about 3 years I decided to come back into it. It took me couple days do set it up, but now my FSX looks really amazing. I got many addons for it, so I am not sure if it is worth moving to another game. The addons I own are following:

PMDG 737/777

Some airport sceneries

REX Essential Plus Overdrive

FS Global

ORBX FTX Global

Air Hauler

EzDok

MyTraffic Professional

My FPS are usually great, unless I am on ground with traffic. My setup:

i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz

16GB RAM

GTX 1070 Ti (Got SLI, but one is plenty haha)

So, after all, is it worth upgrading to X-Plane 11 or to P3D?

If so, which addons would you suggest?

Best regards,

Most of those addons will need repurchasing for X-Plane or P3D, so why would you consider them? A start-from-scratch approach makes this question moot.

Do you even qualify for P3D - it is NOT a gaming product? Note this cannot be discussed in any forum here: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?257873-End-User-License-Agreement-(EULA)

I just mention it in passing - it's for your conscience and wallet

Do you have DX10 Fixer? There are literally thousands of addons available to enhance FSX and your list shows a surface, barely scratched.

Stay with FSX UNLESS you are troubled by VAS depletion and OOM's.

I agree with Mallcott. Stay with FSX unless you have a VERY good reason not to (such as OOM's). I own them all and if I had it to do over again I'd never look at X-Plane (I never use it) nor P3D (nice eye-candy but just FSX by another name). Enjoy what you have. Add some ORBX regions and you'll be good-to-go for thousands of hours more..........Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Archived