Dubai International Airport 1985 Scenery FS2004/FSX

Apaleutos1985

Dear all,

I would like to make a suggestion. What if someone expert enough in Scenery designing, was creating OMDB (Dubai International Airport) as it looked like in 1985 for FSX/FS2004. Along with photorealistic textures of Dubai city back in the 1980's. I think that it would be fascinating.

Well, I have some photos aerial of the city during 1984-1985 and also of the airport itself from the same era. Especially of the Terminal building. I would like to make a suggestion. I think that it would be fascinating! By the way in 1985 Emirates was established which is a benchmark. By the way there is a Scenery of Trucial States 1961 in Classical Sceneries website, but the truth is that the current layout of the airport evolved directly from the 1980's infrastructure existed and no one who is really alive anymore really remember the 1961 layout of Dubai! I would personally could help since I have and a slide of Gulf Air Lockheed L-1011-100 Tristar A40-TS parked along side another Gulf Air Lockheed L-1011 Tristar aircraft in 1984 in Dubai International Airport. Any thoughts?

rogwen@rogers.com ? I have so many photos of Dubai International Airport aerial and Terminal building as well as close up views...all acquired after an extensive, detailed and thorough research. Many are from the 1970's when the main building was constructed and then from the 1984 and 1985 with the additions... It is easy to be created considering that on that time there was a single terminal building some BP fuel tank facilities and a single runway. These oil tank facilities and a hangar building will be visible from photos I have from the ground. In April 1984 a second runway was opened, surely easier than today's complicated system of aprons, runways and multiple terminal buildings but you will decide ultimately! Is the way I wrote your email correct in order to send you the photos? My email is: voudourisgeorge@yahoo.com so you can send me a test email to reply with a rar file of the photo material.

Kind regards,

George

Archived