Carenado's Purchasing System

av8tor98

Folks,

I don't know what it is with Carenado, but the last 2 purchases I have made have been nothing short of a pain in the butt. Bought the F50 a couple of weeks ago but the confirmation page disappeared, so I couldn't print out the page for proof of purchase. Never got a download link. Sent in a support ticket and eventually had to send them a portion of my bank statement to show the Carenado purchase. Of course I didn't show them sensitive information...just the Carenado purchase. After 3 days, I finally got the download link.

Well, yesterday I purchased the 421C and the same issue happened. The confirmation page would not print out, so I jotted down the confirmation#, authorization code, etc, then the confirmation page poofed out of site. I sent Carenado a support ticket with the confirmation page information, but now they are saying that the transaction failed...even after I spent part of the day verifying the funds did in fact go to Carenado. I've done everything I did previously, so I don't get what Carenado is trying to do here. There are certainly the funds in my account! I even confirmed the transaction with my bank (as stated earlier). At any rate, I've never had this much difficulty in purchasing software from any company...even with Carenado for a number of years... until recently. Perhaps something whacky is happening with Carenado's purchasing system. Who knows. All I know is that it has caused me to chase crap around that I have very little time for these days. Ok, my rant is over :)

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

I did a Google search, I found this page:

https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205354807-I-could-not-buy-from-your-site-www-carenado-com-

Might be easier than buying direct from them, I also found a link to a forum where a few others had problems buying from them, similar issues to yours, you would think when they get inquiries of this nature they would look in the problem their end to save themselves a lot of work.

I've had problems like this buying from companies, some purchases go through nice and easy then you stumble on a website that ties you in knots, times out, no clear instructions etc etc.

Then you spend hours if not days sorting it out but they do nothing to remedy the problem, so in the end you and others don't buy from them anymore.

If I had a company selling items and was getting email after email from customers I would look in to how to fix it so I had an easy time plus I might sell more too if I did.

Then don't buy from Carenado. The patch-fixed (if not bug-fixed) products are available from trusted vendors within a few weeks of release.

That's exactly what I plan to do.

@CR, definitely have had no problem with buying direct from Carenado until purchasing the F50 after its release. I figured it was a one time issue but I was wrong. Oh, well, we all live and learn through these experiences. From now on I'll buy from the pilot shop and forgo the Carenado hassle.

I don't normally defend Carenado but none of my contacts who buy from them directly have ever reported a problem.

Could it be your browser or settings, anti-virus or spam blocker? The same thing happening twice and only to you suggests a problem with your box or system.

I don't normally defend Carenado but none of my contacts who buy from them directly have ever reported a problem.

Could it be your browser or settings, anti-virus or spam blocker? The same thing happening twice and only to you suggests a problem with your box or system.

I never had a problem buying direct from Carenado either for 12 different aircraft prior to trying to purchase the F50. I always disable AV before buying any software because I download immediately after purchase. I haven't had any issues purchasing any other software recently except for Carenado. What I didn't mention before is that I checked everything on my end to see if a browser security setting may have changed during an update....nope. Also, after I got Carenado's confirmation page on purchase, a pop up window would appear indicating it is redirecting to another page and then the confirmation page disappeared. Happened quickly before I could click cancel on the redirect pop up. At any rate, Carenado finally got back to me on this last purchase and sent me a download link for the 421C. As indicated in my previous post, I intend to purchase through the pilot shop in the future to avoid all of this again.

I never had a problem buying direct from Carenado either for 12 different aircraft prior to trying to purchase the F50. I always disable AV before buying any software because I download immediately after purchase. I haven't had any issues purchasing any other software recently except for Carenado. What I didn't mention before is that I checked everything on my end to see if a browser security setting may have changed during an update....nope. Also, after I got Carenado's confirmation page on purchase, a pop up window would appear indicating it is redirecting to another page and then the confirmation page disappeared. Happened quickly before I could click cancel on the redirect pop up. At any rate, Carenado finally got back to me on this last purchase and sent me a download link for the 421C. As indicated in my previous post, I intend to purchase through the pilot shop in the future to avoid all of this again.

You do know that your portfolio of Carenado products is available through their website if purchased via them? Going to `register/my account` you should find a direct link to the download and the activation code... it's instantaneously added after purchase.

You do know that your portfolio of Carenado products is available through their website if purchased via them? Going to `register/my account` you should find a direct link to the download and the activation code... it's instantaneously added after purchase.

That was the problem. Carenado didn't put the direct link in my account immediately after purchase. Refer back to my original post about the purchase confirmation page disappearing almost immediately after purchase. That is why I went through several days of haggling with Carenado to prove via bank records that Carenado pinged my bank account on each purchase but wouldn't send me the link or place the link in my account for several days. Carenado eventually told me they thought that a "pending" purchase meant the bank declined the transaction. I had to remind them for a 3rd time that if a "pending" transaction meant that it was declined, then I wouldn't have been able to make purchases locally or at other software resellers. It was silly. Pending meant that the bank simply had not permanently posted the transactions yet.

At any rate, I won't be buying direct from them anymore since I will likely go through this hassle each time. Not worth it. Will instead buy via Flightsim.com or Simmarket.

• 10 months later...

I agree with the OP about the cruel maze that is customer service at Carenado. There is a theory in the web- based retail world that good customer service can actually be a profit suck, since making every customer happy takes time and personnel. That is a really cynical assessment , but the fact is these companies have existed easily long enough to have all these wrinkles smoothed out, yet they persist in disappointing. A similar situation seems to prevail at REX.

I have a case right now with Carenado where the serial key won't activate an aircraft. They offer one solution in their knowledge base, which did not work. My first email has gone unanswered, so "Let the Buyer Beware".

This is an almost year-old thread, but a couple of months ago I tried to buy the new C-170 from Carenado, and ran into something similar, except that the transaction didn't get far enough to transfer funds.

They definitely have problems.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!