Recommended camera addons for P4D?

FSXmarc

Which camera addon for realism should I get?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which camera addon for realism should I get?

• EzDock Camera System
    • Chase Plane by FSFX
    • Other

Hello all

As a veteran FSX/P3D v3 member what I did was transition a few months ago to P3D v4 and I have to say I'm loving it. However I took a bit of a break from the ESP scene and tried X-Plane 11 out. I liked it very much and one of my fauvorite plugins was the HeadShake plugin which "shakes" the camera during turbulence. Having never used a camera addon for P3D or FSX I would like to know which addons recreate head shaking during turbulence the most realistically.

Another thing I liked about X-Plane was that the camera controls were a lot less clunky than in P3D, I could "fly" the camera around the cockpit which was very helpful especially during preflight. Can you guys recommend a addon that most replicates the camera system from X-Plane & with realistic headshake during day taxi, takeoff, turbulence, & landing.

I have been looking at a few options such as EzDok which seems to be very well know in the flight sim community. Also I've heard of ChasePlane by FSFX which is still in beta last time I checked.

So which camera addon shall I get?

Try them all. Get what you prefer. None of them are accurate. Perception is everything.

I use none of them, I find that more accurate as my eyeballs do not rattle in my head.

Quick straw poll among the other sim-users in our flying club reveals none of them do either.

Nor does the club simulator.

Perhaps `None` should have been included as an option.

• 2 weeks later...
Just saw this thread. While to say none are accurate in the strict sense is probably true, these tools seem to be designed for cinematic use, as the Chaseplane site says. That being said, the VC experience has been greatly enhanced for me, and the impression of realism at least has been much improved as well. If you're flying, say, a rattling old radial you can create the impression of engine shaking and vibrations in the 'pit. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying this, even though it may not be 100% accurate. I'll never go back to the stock plain jane views. Also the level of camera controls cannot be equaled with the stock views. The external views seem more for movie and video application rather than flying your A/C. These external views can certainly enhance your FS experience, too, even if not 100% accurate. If you're going to make vids, you've gotta have one of them. Just my opinion. If you don't have either, I'd recommend going for Chaseplane. I have both and find that even though in "beta" it's already way ahead of Ezdok. Especially in terms of ease of use. The Ezdok update was a real disappointment for many. It became frustrating and unmanageable to me. Chaseplane seems slick and professional and much more user friendly by comparison. I'm using p3d v4.2. I don't have X-plane so I can't comment on it. Do your research and maybe give Chaseplane a go. It can enhance your experience quite a bit.

If you're flying, say, a rattling old radial you can create the impression of engine shaking and vibrations in the 'pit.

Having flown "a rattling old radial" for a few years, the vibrations, such as they were, were felt more than seen. All of the camera shakers I've seen for the sim take away from a sense of realism, rather than add to it. I might see a cowling vibrate, but never had the sensation of my view shaking, except maybe from turbulence, and the sim does that poorly, too.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I said they may not be 100% accurate, so to each his own. I like it a lot. They're basically cinematic tools, that's all.

So they are not accurate. Which I accurately said - and then like Larry justified with the experience of myself and fellow flyers.

For accuracies sake, perhaps you can qualify your opinion to counter my own and Larry's by giving us the benefit of which aircraft you fly?

I know what these things DO, I just don't think they represent the actual forces at all well... or even the cinematic aspect, for that matter - and the answer cannot be given because our OP has yet to modify the poll, as suggested.

• 2 years later...

Hello,

about motion sensations, have a look at the parameter Options / Realism / Special effects

/ Visualize momentum effects :

especially when in Virtual Cockpit, you'll see a movement just as your head moves when you accelerate or decelerate.

If you're a speed jet pilot, you may visualize also the G-effects (red ou black view).

Enabling Options / Weather / Simulation Settings / Enable turbulence and thermal effects on vehicle

IMHO, as a liner pilot more than VFR user on light planes, these parameters seems to be sufficient and more valuable than "screen shakers" for "realism".

Anyway, your prefs are the best for you, have good flights...

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X o/c 4,4GHz, RAM 16 Go, Graphic Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8Go screens : 2x22", 1x7", 2 tablets / Prepar3d V4.5 Saitek/Logitech ProFlight Yoke + 2 quadrants, radiopanel, multipanel, rudders, driven with SPAD-neXt

Having flown "a rattling old radial" for a few years, the vibrations, such as they were, were felt more than seen.

+1 from an old H-34 guy. Having said that, those "vibrations" can sometimes be noisy enough, even with sound deadening headgear to give me a headache.

An old salt who flew H-19s in Korea told me early on, if it starts giving you a headache you better get it on the ground ASAP!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.