Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 102

Thread: FS9 EVO 2018: new version released

  1. #1

    Default FS9 EVO 2018: new version released

    Get it at your usual download location.

    New features in this version:
    - photoreal trees
    - various hires textures for even better definition.

    Plenty of optimization and tweaks:
    - improved colour blending
    - lots of autogen improvement
    - better fields and swamps
    - improved golf courses
    - night lighting for roads
    - frame rate optimization

    and much more.

    Sorry, I haven't updated the tweak document yet, and I have forgotten two airport night textures, so will update the fs9_texture.zip on Monday from the office (I have a really terrible upload connection at home).

    Enjoy!
    Sascha

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Get it at your usual download location.

    New features in this version:
    - photoreal trees
    - various hires textures for even better definition.

    Plenty of optimization and tweaks:
    - improved colour blending
    - lots of autogen improvement
    - better fields and swamps
    - improved golf courses
    - night lighting for roads
    - frame rate optimization

    and much more.

    Sorry, I haven't updated the tweak document yet, and I have forgotten two airport night textures, so will update the fs9_texture.zip on Monday from the office (I have a really terrible upload connection at home).

    Enjoy!
    Sascha
    Hello Sascha Sent you a Private message in regards to your spectacular work.
    Feel free to visit my Screenshot Page link Below... Intel i7 2600 16GB RAM 4GB Nvidia GTX970....... Sim Platform FS2004-FSX https://www.facebook.com/My-FS9-FSX-...8105718745013/ Aunque tengo ambos FSX......FS2004 siempre será el número uno para mi. Espero que disfruten las capturas de pantalla

  3. #3

    Default

    Very impressive Sascha. Those night lights are amaizng too. Plus I’ve always loved your oceans. My favourite of all!

    Only thing is I have a CT’s or two with the summer textures. Seems to be a few anomalies in the textures with naming etc as well. Several are different sizes, etc. Not sure if that’s the issue or not.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hanover Park, Illinois, USA.
    Posts
    4,102

    Default

    Thank you very much, Sascha! Looking forward to seeing the world in a different way.

    Very much appreciated.

    Neil
    Last edited by Qballbandit; 06-04-2018 at 10:54 AM.

  5. Default

    Thank you very much from Bavaria

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    Very impressive Sascha. Those night lights are amaizng too. Plus I’ve always loved your oceans. My favourite of all!

    Only thing is I have a CT’s or two with the summer textures. Seems to be a few anomalies in the textures with naming etc as well. Several are different sizes, etc. Not sure if that’s the issue or not.
    It's possible, I put in some hires textures which work with me. But I had CTDs with some more which I left out. I was going to upload replacement normal-res textures over the coming weekend, but I'll see if I can do this on Wednesday. On the other hand the hires textures included in the package should also be for fall and winter. Does the CTD occur in other seasons as well? And in which area and at what stage of the flight does it happen?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    It's possible, I put in some hires textures which work with me. But I had CTDs with some more which I left out. I was going to upload replacement normal-res textures over the coming weekend, but I'll see if I can do this on Wednesday. On the other hand the hires textures included in the package should also be for fall and winter. Does the CTD occur in other seasons as well? And in which area and at what stage of the flight does it happen?

    I noticed it crashed at Flightzone's Portland during day but only with the summer textures. Also the same at a couple other add-on scenery's / airports.

    I'll try and pinpoint a little more where and when it happens.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Does the CTD occur in other seasons as well? And in which area and at what stage of the flight does it happen?
    Tested the Ground Textures on the Lappy...... this is where I Do all the testing before moving anything on the main Sim. I Noticed the CTD In Flight Ontario's Scenery CYKZ Buttonville..If I Remember correctly it does it on Summer in Daylight.

    Reverting back to the default Textures Everything went back to normal no CTD.
    Last edited by Garciamk3g; 06-07-2018 at 02:46 AM.
    Feel free to visit my Screenshot Page link Below... Intel i7 2600 16GB RAM 4GB Nvidia GTX970....... Sim Platform FS2004-FSX https://www.facebook.com/My-FS9-FSX-...8105718745013/ Aunque tengo ambos FSX......FS2004 siempre será el número uno para mi. Espero que disfruten las capturas de pantalla

  9. #9

    Default

    I think I have identified a potential candidate for this problem. Can one of you check if you have an Evo taxi_bitu.bmp in the fs9/texture folder when the crash does NOT happen?

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    I think I have identified a potential candidate for this problem. Can one of you check if you have an Evo taxi_bitu.bmp in the fs9/texture folder when the crash does NOT happen?
    Hello Sascha, I did some monitoring of the last file being read by FS9 Just before the crash and found the crash occurs while the summer texture 127b2su.bmp is being read ..details below. Last read file was 127b2su1.bmp

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	203487

    PS: Perhaps the culprit lies within the summer textures, hope this helps.
    Last edited by Garciamk3g; 06-08-2018 at 01:45 PM.
    Feel free to visit my Screenshot Page link Below... Intel i7 2600 16GB RAM 4GB Nvidia GTX970....... Sim Platform FS2004-FSX https://www.facebook.com/My-FS9-FSX-...8105718745013/ Aunque tengo ambos FSX......FS2004 siempre será el número uno para mi. Espero que disfruten las capturas de pantalla

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 time for new freeware developers
    By aces6 in forum Aircraft Design
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2018, 02:24 PM
  2. Fs9 evo
    By Brushstrokes in forum FS2004
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2015, 07:40 PM
  3. FS9 Evo is released!
    By Sascha66 in forum FS2004
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •