FS9 EVO 2018: new version released

Guest Sascha66

Thanks so much for posting your version! :)

I'll compare to mine, and save yours so I can use it as an alternate if there are enough differences.

I appreciate your kindness!

Best,

Neil :cool:

No worries. Any time. Mine is a little subtle perhaps. Also it depends on each persons monitor as to what they see and prefer. I get extra brightness from monitor.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually noticed some color improvements on a test flight just a moment ago. That in itself makes this effort all the more satisfying. So far, I'll consider it a win! :)

Neil :cool:

Mine are a subtle difference. But good news.

If you adjust these ones : define RGB_Gamma float3(0.800, 0.825, 0.800) - to a lower value, you’ll get more colour. Darker. Default is 1.0. Maybe try 0.7 for all if you like.

I updated the Dropbox today with an even higher resolution ground detail texture which enhances the look of the hires textures even more. I also added more detailed mountain textures and an alternative summer tree texture.

Can we expect any Spring textures as well?

Personally, I'd rather use the current summer as the spring and have a much much dryer (re: yellow/brown/dry) summer textures to use in Australia.

• 2 weeks later...
Friends, where I can download this set of textures? Thank you much!

slavamirin - You simply can't download these textures, It's not freeware! You have to make a contribution to Sascha66 and then he will send you a link. No contribution, no link. Sorry!

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys! Hi Sascha!

I used to fly with FS9 EVO, two years ago. And I just stoped because I like to fly by night, and there was a small compatibility with my 3d lights system for FS9 in old version. Can anybody post a picture with city night lights, please?

I´m a huge fan of FS9 EVO. Congrats Sascha! I will do a donate for you again!!

Guest Sascha66

Here you go, the updated lights due to be released (2 variants):

Evo varied 3D lights - San Francisco dawn

8W7t0Yl.jpg

Full resolution: https://i.imgur.com/8W7t0Yl.jpg

Evo single sodium 3D lights - San Francisco dawn

9qeL9Ns.jpg

Full resolution: https://i.imgur.com/9qeL9Ns.jpg

Evo varied 3D lights - Berlin rainy early morning

QKz80WD.jpg

Full resolution: https://i.imgur.com/QKz80WD.jpg

Edited by Sascha66

Sascha66, they look awesome!!! I can't wait to be able to enjoy this beautiful product again. I'm just working far too much in the real-world, and no free time to enjoy my favorite hobby. I truly miss it, and I miss the time spent here interacting with all of you my friends. Great work Sascha as always! -Glenn

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Hi Sascha, I've installed your 2018 version of FS9Evo. However, taking off from SABE, I see less than 10 lights in all my visual field. It's strange, since SABE is basically next to downtown Buenos Aires; there should be something like your screenshots. Instead; I'm getting this:

Not enough lights.jpg

For your reference, the only scenery addons I'm using there are mesh and the OSM Southamerica addon (which I co-developed). I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find what :(

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Guest Sascha66
I’m assuming he also changed the autogen XML file too?

Yes, important point! Without the autogen xml which replaces the default file in the autogen folder you will not get a goog result, but wouldn't you get default objects all over the place? I'll test that.

Guest Sascha66
Yes, important point! Without the autogen xml which replaces the default file in the autogen folder you will not get a goog result, but wouldn't you get default objects all over the place? I'll test that.

Hmm, just tried this and got a CTD, probably because my FS computer can't handle so many default objects at a time. The lights are much easier on fps than default roadsigns etc. which I edited out of my EVO autogen xml.

Hi Luis, could you deactivate OSM SA and see what happens? Thank you!

Not that much: still not getting as many lights as expected:

Not even without OSM.jpg

Hmm, just tried this and got a CTD, probably because my FS computer can't handle so many default objects at a time. The lights are much easier on fps than default roadsigns etc. which I edited out of my EVO autogen xml.

I added first the light autogen XML; but after seeing almost nothing; I switched to the heavy one. Still can't see what I was hoping. Setting in the CFG file TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_OBJECTS as 0 or 1 does not do any difference either :(

Best regards,

Hi guys, this is the first I'm hearing of FS9 EVO. Needless to say I'm thrilled. BUT???? Let me ask, how does it impact third party airports we may have loaded (Imaginesim, BluePrint etc). And you say go to our regular download places. Mine is Flightsim.com. I'll assume it's here?

Guest Sascha66
Not that much: still not getting as many lights as expected:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206586[/ATTACH]

I added first the light autogen XML; but after seeing almost nothing; I switched to the heavy one. Still can't see what I was hoping. Setting in the CFG file TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_OBJECTS as 0 or 1 does not do any difference either :(

Hm, could be there are some tropical textures witjout light annotations I might have missed. Do you get more lights in Europe and US cities?

Hm, could be there are some tropical textures without light annotations I might have missed. Do you get more lights in Europe and US cities?

Let me try after I return from work. Any special places you would like me to check?

Maybe I've been drinking too much red wine, but I don't see ANY EVO lights in your screenies.

Well, I had a Malbec last night. But even before that, I was not seeing any lights already hahaha

Best regards,

Guest Sascha66
Maybe I've been drinking too much red wine, but I don't see ANY EVO lights in your screenies.

To get lights, you need to drop the included bgl into the fs9/scenery/generic/scenery directory and replace the default.xml file in the fs9/autogen directory with the included file. For best results you need to reduce UT lights to major roads only.

I tried in both KSEA and KSFO, still no lights.

the included bgl

The only BGL I've seen in Evo is FS9_lib.bgl, which I had to download from here:

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-effects-and-addons-46/animated-evening-and-night-highway-34218.html

Is this one or should have been another one? For your reference, I'm using the high resolution textures, and no Ultimate Terrain at all. OSM (either Europe or South America) have no lights at all.

Best regards,