Another nice classic!

Sorry, Kenny (liner simpilot) got me interested in these older jetliner classics. This one turned out to be a keeper, nice flying aircraft!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]203418[/ATTACH]

Funny, when I downloaded this aircraft, the panel only showed provisions for 2 engines, and it's "supposed" to have 3. I went looking and found this panel for the 727's and it has everything I would ever want from a panel, and I can even see what that 3rd engine is doing! That's as bad as having a 4 engine aircraft and have a panel alias'd from a Boeing 737! Come on!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]203419[/ATTACH]

Rick

Nice pic. of that classic Delta livery on your 727 Rick. You found a fine panel to fly it with too. :cool: :cool: :)

Thanks Larry! So many nice freeware aircraft yet to fly and there are some good ones out there! Sometimes it takes a little effort and work tweeking, but in the end you can take a little pride in them. If they don't work, GONE, move on to the next one!

Rick :cool:

Talking of 2 engine panel I once downloaded a fictional B727 that had only 2 engines, as most of you know I like fiction as well as factual, in fact I did a repaint on it too lol, not one of my best though.

b727 twin.jpg

A true but funny story from when I worked on the ramp at EGCC Manchester.

I just got back in to the mess room after unloading an aircraft, one of the guys asked me which one I had just done, I replied it was a Danair Trident.

He said he never knew Danair had any Tridents, I said yes there it is over there, he looked and started laughing, he said that isn't a Trident its a Boeing 727, I had a lot to learn lol.

Forgot to say it was my first week working there.

Col.

Love the triple holes. The 727 is fun. You need to check out HJG’s aircraft.

I have, the HJG aircrafts are really something to behold. I read some of the instructions, on how the downloads work, don't know if I have the patience it would take in completing one? Aharon is one example of how nice the HJG aircraft are; his Northeast DC-9-10 really came out special!

I love that yellow texture he went with, it really suites the lines of that particular aircraft!

I might get the courage one day! I have some nice aircraft in my collection, but none I can take credit of creating! We'll see?

Thanks - Rick :cool:

I have, the HJG aircrafts are really something to behold. I read some of the instructions, on how the downloads work, don't know if I have the patience it would take in completing one? Aharon is one example of how nice the HJG aircraft are; his Northeast DC-9-10 really came out special!

I love that yellow texture he went with, it really suites the lines of that particular aircraft!

I might get the courage one day! I have some nice aircraft in my collection, but none I can take credit of creating! We'll see?

Thanks - Rick :cool:

It seems confusing at first but if you follow the instructions in the forums as to what model/panel/sound goes together, it easier then you think. :)

Rick, reading your post I am glad there is someone else out there that enjoys the classic airlines & aircraft's of this generation like I do. I feel as though you paid me a compliment. I enjoyed reading Col's post it gives meaning to what I am trying to do. Kenny

Kenny - Yes, I do like the classics and I did pay you a compliment! I just completed my first HJG download, I did the DC-9-10 that Aharon showed off to us all. I even did the same Northeast A/L texture. Sorry, Aharon, but your aircraft really impressed me!

If you haven't tried it Kenny, you should, as much as you love the classics. It's pretty intimidating when you first go on the site, but once you get into the download and it doesn't work, you will figure it out, and learn something in the process!

JSMR, in the above posts, encouraged me to try it. Figured, what can I lose by trying?

Rick

It seems confusing at first but if you follow the instructions in the forums as to what model/panel/sound goes together, it easier then you think. :)

JSMR - Thanks for giving me some encouragement, I did my first HJG download and, yes, it wasn't too difficult. I do love their finished products once complete!

Thanks - Rick

Well, it was nice while it lasted. I had 2 successful downloads from Historic Jetliners Group HJG, and had one flight in the DC10-30. Yesterday, my wife was trying to send pics from her grandson's wedding and somehow, her email settings with ATT/Microsoft got screwed up and I spent most of the day trying to get that resolved. At one point, I thought a "restore to an earlier time was going to fix my (her) problems, NOT! Finally called an old friend of mine, great computer wiz (retired IT computer teacher). He got it fixed for us in no time, however, when I finally got to sit down to enjoy my new HJG downloads, they weren't on the selection screen for FSX. I managed to lose the DC-10-30 and the DC9-10, both HJG downloads and an other DC9-50 download. I lost the cfg file from the DC10, the texture file from the DC9-10 and I never did find exactly what the issues were with the DC9-50! I had a dentist appointment this morning and when I got home, I thought I had my composure back to where I would try to get at least the DC10 reloaded which I did and it is flying again! I really am at a loss as to how to prevent a restore from doing it's damage to some of the FSX files? I didn't think a restore would ever mess with these files, apparently I was wrong? I did restore to a point in time just prior to me doing the downloads, so I guess that is something I need to be more aware of next time! Oh well, back to smiling again!

Have a nice day! Rick

Whew! It is 1 am and I just now got both HJG aircraft back and working. I hadn't even had the time to print copies of the aircraft cfg files or the panel.cfg file before the computer acted up! On the DC9-10 I used a panel I found on another site. I had originally moved things around on the panel

to accommodate some Bendix King Radio gear. When I lost the download to computer issues, I was sick that I hadn't save notes or copied the panel cfg files, but now I have everything back in order with copies! If it wants to go down again, bring it on, it will be a snap to resurrect!

Rick :cool:

I am glad everyone is enjoying HJG downloads. Nice looking pic of the DC-10-30 Rick. I find them to be mostly easy to download for freeware they have good looking repaints of classic aircraft's & airline's. I have 10 various aircraft's and too many airline's too mention. My hats go off to the repaint team & aircraft designers at HJG that create these for us to use for free. I wish they were still doing it, but not sure if they are. Glad you got it figured out Rick these computers are very complicated once things go array. I hope you are looking into more downloads of classic one's. Kenny

Kenny, the HJG team is very much still in business. They've been releasing major upgrades to their existing simulations, as well as brand new, exquisite simulations all along. Just last year, in April, they released what is arguably the best freeware simulation of BaE 146/Avro RJ regional jetliners for FS9, and probably on par with, or even exceeding payware counterparts, and that's just one example out of many. And they're still working on several big projects to be released when the time is right, in addition to minor upgrades and the ever growing collection of stunning repaints for their fleet of simulations.

HJG is nothing short of a goldmine in the field of home flight simulation, and to have them still actively developing new simulations as well as upgrades for the existing ones, is a heavenly gift, especially for those of us in love with the good ol' days of aviation.

kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Archived