Russian Hackers going after home and office routers!

Downwind66

Sorry, didn't know where to post this. Just a warning on the internet this morning. Russian hackers going after 100's of thousands of routers, both for home and/or offices. Recommending that you turn off power to your router, wait a minute or so, then power back up, and then go into the appropriate manufacturer router website, and see if there is a security update to download. My router is Netgear, and sure enough there was a security update, took about 3-4 minutes to download! "Better safe, than sorry!"

Rick

Moderators, if there is a better spot for this, please move! Thanks!

Rick, thanks for the Gibson Research link - my router tested OK I'm relieved to say. I'm with Virgin Media here in the UK, who are very good at blocking unsafe websites too.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

If anyone is uncertain about their router security, try using

ShieldsUP! by the well known Gibson Research. It is a free

test and you can find it under the "services" tab on their site:

Gibson Research Corporation

Hope this helps someone!

Rick

Rick - Good link! Thanks for sharing with us! I even saved the link for future use. Looks like we may need it again in the future!

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Archived