Default DC-3 for FS9

rockrob

Does it even come with a default DC-3?

If it does, it should, should I say, have loaded it off the install disks. Otherwise you's have to download and install a 3rd party aircraft.

"Default" indicates something that comes with the sim off the install disks. "3rd party" indicates that someone other than Microsoft made it FOR the sim.

Having said all that, you can find a very good DC-3 in the Flightsim library right HERE.

That's one of Manfred Jahn's excellent DC-3 offerings. He's got an rep for excellent DC-3s, and well deserved too.

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Yeah Rick, I think I somehow deleted it...quite by accident .....and have never been able to re-install it. It seems as though all textures I come across on FltSim are all for the "default DC-3". The same with the CalClassic DC-3's.

As MrUnSavory said, the files are on the original discs.

The DC-3 aircraft is on disc 1 in the MSGAME1.CAB file in the aircraft folder. Should just need the aircraft files from this CAB file.

But, If you need any gauges they are on disc 2 in MSGAME3.CAB file in the gauges folder.

And If you need any effects, they are on Disc 1 MSGAME1.CAB file in the effects folder.

Should be able to use your favorite zip program to extract.

Archived