B747-100B repaint House colors

Could be wrong, but I think that is the 747-100 JT9D-3A’s if that pic is from the early testing days. If it IS the -100 of course. The 7R4G2’s were only on the 747-200’s I think. Along with a host of other engine models as well. Unless maybe added afterward perhaps but I thought only the -200 had those.

I’m flying right now the 741 with the -7A’s. Good motor until hot and heavy and she struggles a little.

I just today found a chart on the 747's, the JT9D-7R4G2 only came on the -200B and the -300.

Kenny - The chart shows a PW JT9D-7A for the -100 model.. That's assuming this chart is correct? It doesn't even show a -3A engine?

Kenny - That is a very nice paint scheme!

Rick :cool:

I just today found a chart on the 747's, the JT9D-7R4G2 only came on the -200B and the -300.

Kenny - The chart shows a PW JT9D-7A for the -100 model.. That's assuming this chart is correct? It doesn't even show a -3A engine?

Kenny - That is a very nice paint scheme!

The -3A’s were on the original -100’s but weren’t the best performers evidently. I hear that most airliners opted for the -7A as soon as it was available. Still not great but better performance then the previous motor.

And I THINK the -3A could be modded to become the -7A(W) or -7A(H) or something like that? Not sure but good to see some love for the classics!!

The only heavy I fly now is the 747-100. I’ve parked my 747-400 permanently. Nothing like INS nav and manually adjusting the throttles keeping the EPR matching the charts on the climb. More work equals more joy and fun in my opinion. :)

Thanks to all that responded, I enjoyed the stories and history. On flight sims, I fly the classics of the 60's-80's of various airliners & aircraft's. If you go to Screen shot forum look at the aircraft's under Liner Simliner you can see what I have flown. I thought if I can get a repaint of B747-100B house color I thought it would be great to do DC-10-30, B727-100, DC-9-10 & now the B747? all in house colors that would be different. My dad was one of the test pilots for DC-9 & DC-10, he has been gone for 38 yrs, I want to dedicate DC-9 & DC-10 to him. I have the Boeing 747-100B-PW-JT9D-7R4G2 Open Sky project model not aware of which is which that is why I am looking for a repaint of this bird. Thanks Kenny

[ATTACH=CONFIG]203353[/ATTACH]

Never mind, Kenny, I found what you are referring to. Do you suppose those are models of the 747's? Yeah, most of them are models, some actual pictures mixed in!

This is the model, not the pic that you have above. You went to the google site and searched from there, right?

Rick

I found it Kenny! I did a google search on N7470, and got many many pics of this aircraft. Seems like someone would have done a freeware download, or at least a repaint/texture! So sad to see this 747 in the boneyard!

########Kenny - See next page, I found fs2004 freeware for this same aircraft, could you get one of these guys to tell you how to convert it to FSX? ##############

Sweet looking bird!

Yes, it is! Kenny (liner simpilot) was looking for someone to do a texture/repaint, I happened on this last evening FS2004 freeware, downloaded into FSX, made some tweeks to it, and now we both have a nice flying piece of history!

Thanks Rick, JSMR, for helping me out on this venture. I like the ones that are posted here, I clicked on the link and it said "No search results" Rick. My fault I did not specify FS9. Did a search on Flightsim website, all there was is a payware one no freeware. I wish HJG did one as I have a lot of their's downloaded, and like them all the details are fantastic as for freeware. I look forward to reading your next posts Rick. Kenny

Kenny - are saying you couldn't find the download? Hold on, my friend, I have to find this for you!

Rick

##### the file name is os_n7470.zip or you can pull it up going into the flightsim.com library,

2004 aircraft, advance search, Boeing 747 N7470. 4 items will appear, you will want to download the second one! ##################

Kenny - I revised my last post. Give it a try again, Sorry, it was a late night, all this info was on my PM's to you that went out in LA LA Land! It's all there, Kenny. This ended up being one of my nicer downloads!

Rick

No payware for this aircraft. This is freeware all the way, it's been there all along!

Also, check your PM inbox, I think 1 of 3 went out to you!

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners

FS2004 Boeing 747-100 City of Everett

[ Download | View ]

Name: os_n7470.zip

Size: 5,118,940 Date: 05-12-2006 Downloads: 1,447

FS2004 Boeing 747-100, N7470 "City of Everett" A repaint of the Project Open Sky 747-100/200 Version 2004.1.1.0. Travel back in time with this detailed high quality add-on and re-live that magic moment of the mighty 747's first flight. On February 9, 1969, Boeing flies its 747 model for the first time. The jumbo jet, christened the "City of Everett", (N7470 - CN20235/1) is the first new Boeing transport not painted in Boeing's traditional prototype colors of brownish-copper and yellow. Crowds of people gathered at Paine Field in Everett that morning to witness the flight of the largest transport plane in the world. Repaint by Tijn Mar. (See also N7470FIX.ZIP)

Add Comment

Thanks Rick, JSMR, for helping me out on this venture. I like the ones that are posted here, I clicked on the link and it said "No search results" Rick. My fault I did not specify FS9. Did a search on Flightsim website, all there was is a payware one no freeware. I wish HJG did one as I have a lot of their's downloaded, and like them all the details are fantastic as for freeware. I look forward to reading your next posts Rick. Kenny

Kenny - I've given you about all I can think of! If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know! I am so glad I found this aircraft for you. It is one sweet flying 747! AND, in the process, we both got a "Piece of history," in that this particular aircraft was the first 747 to fly!

Rick

Thanks Rick for everything and hanging in there with me to locating this B-747-100. I cannot wait to download it and fly it. Kenny

Kenny - these entries are missing from the end of the aircraft.cfg

[attitude_indicators] (This one might have been there, the other 2 were def. not!

attitude_indicator.0=1

[altimeters]

altimeter.0=1

altimeter.1=1

[airspeed_indicators]

airspeed_indicator.0=1

airspeed_indicator.1=1

Also, I changed Autopilot entry:

gs_proportional_control=9.52 to 12.00. Was landing short on ILS landings.

I also lowered fuels levels down to 60% to give it better performance.

Enjoy Kenny, I probably have 5 hours on mine so far. Really nice flying! Let me know if you need anything more!

Rick

Archived