Boeing 747-400 Default and Add-ons, landing issues

Should have clarified Add-ons, it should have said "... and 747-400 freeware add-ons"

Very puzzling and I can't seem to get it worked out. When the 747-400 touches down, the nose wheel stays up, seems like it could go to eternity. Only way it seems I can get it to come down, is to tap on the brakes. All other aircraft, on landing, nose wheel, gently comes down on it's own? Is there anything in the aircraft.cfg file that I could change to get the landing gear to come down on it's own?

I've lowered the landing approach speeds, but that doesn't help!

Thanks for suggestions you might have! - Rick

Proper flaps setting, Spoilers activated? I have found that 155knots seems to be the best landing speed for the 747. Are you flaring to much when the mains touch down? Are you gently pushing the yoke forward after touchdown or are you spiking the football and doing a weird little dance routine?;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

"A weird little dance routine!" of course! Okay, I have been setting final approach speed at 160, I will try the 155! hardly flaring at all, no gently pushing the yoke forward! I will try a slight gentle push forward, I would prefer the nose to fall on it's own, but I will try it!

What I did do, Mr Z, this is a project Opensky aircraft and in the aircraft.cfg files, they offer a Default contact gear points and an Alternate contact gear points. I deselected the default and selected the Alternate and it does seem better, nose wheel is only about 1 - 2 feet off the asphalt, which is a whole lot better than before. I think with the 155 knots speed, it just might be what I need to avoid the

"weird little dance routine!" Let me try that and we shall see!

Thanks and have a nice day, I will post back! - Rick

This is the only 747 that I fly. I highly Selassie it! Maybe "recommend".

FSX - FSX Jetliners FSX Delta Northwest Boeing 747-8i

[ Download | View | Video ]

Name: fsx_b748i_delta-northwest-1.zip

Size: 83,732,659 Date: 01-13-2013 Downloads: 7,666

fsx_b748i_delta-northwest-1.gif

fcq1.gif FSX Delta Northwest Boeing 747-8i with advanced VC by Alejandro Rojas Lucena and VC texture upgrade by Enrique Cornejo. This gives the B747 a payware virtual cockpit look. It even has a pilot jacket hung in the rear of the cockpit (besides the right jumpseat). The panel.cfg and the aircraft.cfg have been assembled and edited by the Flightsim Workshop Team. Now you can pop up "My icons" window in the virtual cockpit to easily reach the following windows: GPS, avionics, map, ATC, Climb/Radio Altimeter/Spoiler switch, auto-break switch, throttle quadrant, clock, descentometer, kneeboard and overhead panel. The aircraft has new engine views (from both wings) and new virtual cockpit interior views from the left, right and central jump seats. The Delta Northwest texture is wonderful and it has a unique paint scheme by Mcphat Studios with a repaint by Enrique Cornejo which also includes details such as some stains caused by humidity and other details just like a real aircraft. This aircraft uses the Project Open Sky FSX Boeing B747-800 Model OSX748V4_GENX (MDL), and includes the gauge window Posky utility to view the main stairs, ground cargo servicing, etc. The engine sounds are edited like the real ones with cockpit ambient, so you can enjoy a pleasant flight. The Flight Management Computer (FMC) is fixed and looks like a payware instrument. The VC includes FMC, Primary Flight Display (PFD) and Multi-Function Display (MDF) displayed in the correct size. Assembled and edited for FSX by Enrique Cornejo. This 747-800 is from DeltaNorthwestVirtual Airlines. Paint job scheme created by Michael Ullman, co-Ceo of DeltaNorthwestVirtual. Visit DeltaNorthwestvirtual.com for more details on the virtual airline and/or this 747.

[TABLE=align: center] [TR=bgcolor: #EFEFEF] [TD]

[/TD] [TD]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 1 Comment

[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

If I have any more problems with the ones I have, I will consider this one! It looks like it is the 800 series! Hell, the hanging pilot jacket in the rear of the cockpit is reason enough for wanting to download it! :rolleyes:

Thanks Mr Z! :cool:

Mr Z - I didn't even try the Opensky model, tried the 155 knots on the default 747 and it worked like a champ! Nose dropped on its own, no need to give the yoke a slight gentle push forward.

I'm sure the Opensky model will be just fine!!

Thank you! Rick

Just checking, when you have trouble getting the nose gear down...

You DO turn the Auto Throttle off, don't you? The plane IS slowing down, right?

Like Mr. Zippy said, spoilers up, reversers out? Auto Braking properly set for runway conditions, plane's weight, etc?

Is your Weight & Balance correct, even after the fuel you've used has been accounted for? Not too much weight too far aft? Passengers returned to their proper seats, and not all having a major party in the rear area?

I got stuck on a red-eye flight (747) back to the Bay Area after a Hawaiian vacation one year. My father got first class, I got stuck waaaay back in coach. Flying Space Available on UAL's dime had it's disadvantages. :p

Got to talking to one of the stewardesses (yes, they were still called that back then), and rather than keeping the others in my row awake, we went to the big open area with a little bar in the tail. Where there were a bunch of restrooms in an arc around the tail section. Surprizing amount of room back there. Plenty enough for two people to lay down in... ;)

Those were the days. UAL still had 747's flying fairly steady routes between San Francisco and Hawaii. With really pretty stewardesses on them, and ROOM to stretch out, even back in coach. And people dressed nicely on airplanes. I had to wear a suit & tie, and I was 15. I only wore a suit & tie to school dances! Decent food was served, nice and hot, with actual silverware. Even back in coach.

Good times...

What has happened to the airlines?

Have fun, all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

So let's see. You and a pretty stewardess spent time alone in the rear bar area with plenty of room for two to lay down. ;);) Considering you were 15 at the time, YOU REALLY ROCKED!!! :)
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Just checking, when you have trouble getting the nose gear down...

You DO turn the Auto Throttle off, don't you? The plane IS slowing down, right?

Like Mr. Zippy said, spoilers up, reversers out? Auto Braking properly set for runway conditions, plane's weight, etc?

Is your Weight & Balance correct, even after the fuel you've used has been accounted for?

Pat☺

Yes, Pat, all of the above was done. The plane just didn't want it's nose gear to come down. Mr Z suggested 155 knots for landing, I was using 160! The 155 was perfect, nose came down on it's own, no need to gently ease the yoke forward! We got it!

Thanks - Rick

So let's see. You and a pretty stewardess spent time alone in the rear bar area with plenty of room for two to lay down. ;);) Considering you were 15 at the time, YOU REALLY ROCKED!!! :)

Michael - You "hit that one right on the head!" 15 years old no less! Way to go, Pat!"

Rick :cool:

So let's see. You and a pretty stewardess spent time alone in the rear bar area with plenty of room for two to lay down. Considering you were 15 at the time, YOU REALLY ROCKED!!!

Michael - You "hit that one right on the head!" 15 years old no less! Way to go, Pat!"

Rick :cool:

What do you all think *I* was feeling???

Besides...nevermind.

Thanks, though, guys ;D

I had a girlfriend at the time, but this was an amazing lovely WOMAN, not a 16 year old GIRL (my girlfriend), and she knew things I'd never even heard of.

Besides, it was a 5 and a 1/2 hour flight, middle of the night, all the other passengers were asleep, and I heard the other stews talking later. Turns out this gal was a tad...ummm...kinky. Apparently she had a habit of doing stuff like this.

I think I may have kinda let the cat outta the bag so to speak. I couldn't wipe the *&^t-eatin' grin off my face, strangely enough :D

Pretty obvious to the rest of the crew, pilots included. My parents never did figure out why I was so happy when we got home. Or why I slept for the next 10 hours...

Thank goodness my father wasn't a 747 pilot. At the time, he was a 737 driver, so he never did get the story. Apparently the two different types didn't talk much. Every time he said something to the 747 drivers, in Scheduling or whatever, all they did was smile :rolleyes:

Have fun all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived