Amsterdam for Jan:

I just read an article in the AOPA magazine about restoring a Gruman Goose. It reminded me of about a year ago when His Peerness disappeared from these forums for several months. Finally a few of us went in search of him covering many of the watery places in Europe. Because obviously, regardless of what he was flying, we would expect a water "landing." Though we didn't find Jan we did manage to eat a lot of good food and drink a lot of various beverages on his tab!!;):cool:

That Goose would have come in handy on more than one occasion during our search. There were several prime locales where the Beaver I was flying just couldn't land. It was maddening how many expensive restaurants and bars are located well away from the water! An airport nearby might have saved him a ton in cab fare!!:rolleyes:

So remembering the good times we had while Jan was missing, I decided to fly a little around Amsterdam in a Goose. And perhaps catch the sound of his trolley bell. Please see my shots below.

Michael

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Michael, thanks for these great pics! :cool::cool: In pic 1 you can see the old Olympic rowing course (19280 in the Amsterdam forest, very nearby our house. you can also see our museum railway in front of the forest ( a large public park, built in the 20's). We live very near the old Olympic Stadium in pic 7 and pic 8 is also very near our house. Thanks again!
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Jan! I wondered about that stretch of water when I crossed it. Yes, I can see it would make a good rowing course!!:cool:

I'm glad the scenery is that correct. It's ORBX FTX GLOBAL openLC Europe. And this is the first good look I've had of it.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

From what I see on that post, and from what I know, it looks like there are tons of water, canals, etc. in the Netherlands! Not a surpris that the dwellers there develop abilities regarding water, air pilots included :):):)
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Don't wait too long, I have to pay these guys! :mad: Oh, and can you please tell from which direction you will arrive? Thanks!

Don't believe a word of this. I'm with his Lordship right now and all I can see is Jan & Bianca on the roof with BB guns. Although the dogs, cats and chickens are on high alert --so maybe be careful. -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Hmm....Larry, there seems to be small war brewing, and here you and I are just enjoying the scenic views of Jan's neighborhood and Amsterdam! Pass the BB's, er, ammo!;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Fly Southern, Y'all"

bushp04

Archived