CFS 2 and Win 10 are incompatible !

engrbill47

I have a great PC with 64 bit Win 10 OS. I have CFS 3 installed from the You tube video fix. But for the life of me, I cannot find any assistance to make my copy of CFS 2 actually load. I click on the Icon and , voila' , I see the little Win 10 rotating circle for a few seconds and then NOTHING! I have a Mosquito program that really get my motor running that was an add-onn for CFS 2. What help can I expect. Every CFS version that I have ran FINE with Win XP!

I have a great PC with 64 bit Win 10 OS. I have CFS 3 installed from the You tube video fix. But for the life of me, I cannot find any assistance to make my copy of CFS 2 actually load. I click on the Icon and , voila' , I see the little Win 10 rotating circle for a few seconds and then NOTHING! I have a Mosquito program that really get my motor running that was an add-onn for CFS 2. What help can I expect. Every CFS version that I have ran FINE with Win XP!

Have you run it in compatibility mode?

The way to do it is to get a second hard disk drive and install XP on that. The you can dual boot to the XP drive. Then you install CFS2 on that drive. Create shortcut on desktop of CFS2 exe. Done.

Or, you can get Oracle's Virtual Box. There are videos on YouTube on how to get & install version of XP for Virtual Box (called XP Mode). YT Link:

. You can run CFS2 and a lot of other 'old' games on the virtual box. I don't have, or LIKE, any CFS version. Why? I got FS9 & FSX Accel. Good luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived