Two clicks to make the add-on bar disappear

I use windowed mode so that I can utilize both of my monitors. One monitor has the Sim, the other LittleNavMap. When I right click in the Sim and select hide the add-on bar or what ever it's called, I have to do it twice to make it disappear. Anyone have this issue?

I use windowed mode so that I can utilize both of my monitors. One monitor has the Sim, the other LittleNavMap. When I right click in the Sim and select hide the add-on bar or what ever it's called, I have to do it twice to make it disappear. Anyone have this issue?
Hello,

Regardless in any mode of display for the sim, it will require you to "right click" twice to clear the Alt menu. I had also discovered that if you press and hold the ALT button for a couple seconds when the menu bar is displayed it will dissapear as well.

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Best Regards,

+1 'Press 'Alt' key for 2 seconds.

WHY, oh WHY, would anyone go to the menu to do anything that simple. Or to change views. Use the shortcut keys for any/all operations. Cheesh!

But the reason it takes 2 clicks may be that 1st right click changes 'Focus' to that window if you have be mouseing or clicking on the 2nd monitor (does nothing else) and the 2nd right click (on 1st monitor or main window) brings up the 'Context' menu. The other method is to press (tap) alt key and right click to bring up the menu. Much easier to hold 'Alt' key for 2 seconds don't you think. Windows has alway had 3 different methods (key combo, etc) to do the same thing. We then 'get used to' doing things using one of the three (or more) methods. Not that there is anything wrong with that. As long as it works - right? Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

It is not a 'trick'. It is listed in the FSX's 'Key Commands' list. 'Alt' key is 'Menu (display/hide)'. Have you got the FSX Key Commands? Didn't think so (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived