Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: FS9 needs second startup

I'm sure you have tried deleting the fs9.cfg & restarting the sim.
    Sometimes that cures quite a few things, as the sim will rebuild the cfg on restarting.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

2. Default

I have the need to start FS9 twice the first time (Only needs one start thereafter) and was hoping this registry trick would work.

When I looked at the...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameUX\S-1-5-21-1380981980-2726883197-928252028-1000

key, I had several games in there besides FS9, so I Exported the key as a backup.

Then I deleted the key as suggested and I still have to double start FS9, so it didn't work. Also all the games that were in the registry folder went missing from the "Games" manager. So I Imported the .reg key back in to fix the missing games.

Any other ideas?
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD Black SN750 NVMe 250Gb and 1Tb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by testanisky View Post
    I found this thread after searching for a very similar problem. Currently running FS9 win7 64 with no-cd patch on a 3-yr old gaming machine w/8G DDR3 memory card, 2GB GFORCE card, and 1TB HD.

Recently (can't really pin-point when) I noticed my FS9 start-up is extremely slow. The DC3 splash screen may take several minutes to appear and then another 3-4 minutes until the main menu appears - if at all! When it doesn't appear and I get impatient and reboot FS9 using my task manager. Rebooting always works but may take several attempts before I finally get to the default menu screen where I can choose aircraft, flights, etc.

I have also started noticing some shuttering when flying into heavily dense scenery with AI above 80%. I didn't think this system would have issues handling the FS9 load so I'm not sure if these two problems are related somehow. I've tried reducing the scenery sliders and AI % to no avail.

Any advise would on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Adrian
    Adrian,
    FS9 can really slow down and stutter if you aren't running in compatibility mode with your operating system. To check, right click on your FS9 icon and select "Properties", then select the "Compatibility" tab and make sure you are running FS9 in the mode that agrees with your OS.
    Larry

For the "double start" issue, this may help - http://ubeogesh-things.blogspot.com/...lorer-aka.html

I had the issue with CFS3 - the first start would have CFS3.exe and rundll32.exe each consuming about 40% of cpu but the game never loading, kill both processes, start CFS again and all was well. The fix at that link cleared the problem, and also seems to have improved load times of some other games; it is a simple bat file that changes ownership and permissions of one file in the system folder then renames it, running it a second time will revert the changes.

(Giving due credit, I got the link from http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...ndll32-exe-tip )

5. Default

Ok I guess I need help too please.
    Recently I did not run FS9 for more than 1 month, I booted the pc everyday to work on some traffic files and that was it only thing I did, I never ran FS9 or anything else until today I clicked the icon and it took 2 clicks to get it started but then the loading is way too long, even on menu clicking to change aircraft, the plane on menu is rotating 360 degrees as we know it but it's stuttering a little so as in flight, fps are down too. Now exact same thing happening with another sim but it's racing called GTR2, takes 2 clicks, takes lots of time to load, lots of stuttering in gameplay and fps down.
    Please how can this be fixed as I am not sure if we all users could have the same issue. It seems to be coming from FS9 because I just did a test by restarting the pc and running the racing sim and everything seems to be normal but when I run FS9 first, everything slows down and stutters.

Win7
    I7-3770
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    FS9 is installed in a separate drive than windows.

Yeah I had the rundll32 thingy running only last few days causing low FPS. Always had to end the process.
    I just renamed the model in the thingy folder and it worked.

Weird thing is I have updates turned off and that happened. Kinda suspicious of where it came from but hey, that’s life on the World Wide Web. Or as I like to call it, the www.

Quote Originally Posted by ital View Post
    Ok I guess I need help too please.
    Recently I did not run FS9 for more than 1 month, I booted the pc everyday to work on some traffic files and that was it only thing I did, I never ran FS9 or anything else until today I clicked the icon and it took 2 clicks to get it started but then the loading is way too long, even on menu clicking to change aircraft, the plane on menu is rotating 360 degrees as we know it but it's stuttering a little so as in flight, fps are down too. Now exact same thing happening with another sim but it's racing called GTR2, takes 2 clicks, takes lots of time to load, lots of stuttering in gameplay and fps down.
    Please how can this be fixed as I am not sure if we all users could have the same issue. It seems to be coming from FS9 because I just did a test by restarting the pc and running the racing sim and everything seems to be normal but when I run FS9 first, everything slows down and stutters.

Win7
    I7-3770
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    FS9 is installed in a separate drive than windows.
    First thing I would do is, after a restart when things are running normally, bring up Task Manager and check what processes are running, minimize Task Manager and start FS, check Task Manager again for any new processes, especially any consuming inordinate amounts of cpu or ram.

I tried the registry edit suggested by tiger1962, no particular problems, but no success either. Same problem as before; fs9 starts on the second click and causes rundll32.exe to go nuts and overwhelm CPU and memory. I'll keep looking for solution...

Nadlzfw

Quote Originally Posted by nadlzfw View Post
    I tried the registry edit suggested by tiger1962, no particular problems, but no success either. Same problem as before; fs9 starts on the second click and causes rundll32.exe to go nuts and overwhelm CPU and memory. I'll keep looking for solution...

Nadlzfw
    Did you rename the gameux.dll as suggested?

10. Default

I said Game Ranger in my first post back on page 1, I did mean Game Explorer.
    All of these issues are related to it. Renaming the gameux.dll will fix it. FS9 and many other games will also launch a lot faster.
    Mark Daniels

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast