Thanks for the memories of these aircraft's and airlines

I have been collecting various print screen's of airlines & their aircraft's. I enjoy doing these for memories for all who lived during these times. I look forward to reading your stories of all you simmers out there. Kenny

Continental-1977-DC-10-10-IAH-MIA-actual-route-sm.jpg

Continental Airlines DC-10-10 1977 IAH-MIA actual route

Continental-DC-9-30-1983-DEN-ABQ-actual-flight-route-sm.jpg

Continental Airlines DC-9-30 1983 DEN-ABQ actual route

Delta-DC-9-10-1966-MSY-ATL-actual-route-sm.jpg

Delta Airlines DC-9-10 1966 MSY-ATL actual route

Eastern-DC-9-10-1967-BUF-ORD-actual-route-sm.jpg

Eastern Airlines DC-9-10 1967 BUF-ORD actual route

Midway-DC-9-30-1980-MSP-MDW-actual-route-sm.jpg

Midway Airlines DC-9-10 1980 MSP-MDW actual route

National-DC-10-10-SEA-IAH-1977-actual-route-sm.jpg

National Airlines DC-10-10 1977 SEA-IAH actual route

Northwest-DC-10-40-SEA-LAX-1972-actual-route-Lake-Tahoe-sm.jpg

Northwest Airlines DC-10-40 1972 SEA-LAX actual route

As some of you know I worked at EGCC Manchester for just over 33yrs, during that time I've seen many airlines and aircraft come and go, I worked on all of them when I worked on the ramp.

I've seen many people lose their jobs too because the airline went bust, I've seen airlines taken over by a bigger company, seen the crew still wearing the original uniform of the old airline till eventually they started to wear the uniform the bigger airline.

I've see airline logo's and paint schemes change, sometimes not for the better as well, so many changes over the years and mainly because of cost.

Col.

Hi!

I thought I had replied! But I likely forgot to enter my answer :):)

Anyway! Those liveries are great and designers of the time had even no computers!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Thank you Rick, Michael,Gérard and Col for your very kind words especially your story Col, these are great to read of people like you that had something to do with airlines & aircraft ground crews. I can never quit saying this, I miss these times, the aircraft's & airlines were very distinctive in their looks as well as the markings. Look for down the way I will do more. Kenny

There was one airline that used to have all it's aircraft in pastel colours, Coutline. They went bankrupt in 1974 but I was freindly with one of the stewardess's, and I wanted her badge when I heard they were winding up, the reason I wanted it because it was a big letter 'C'

She went working for Britannia Airways and the next time I saw her she was wearing the Britannia uniform, she said she had to hand everything in when she left and I never got my badge.

Courtline.jpg

Great story Col!!! Yes, over our lifetimes many successful and not so successful businesses and combat scenarios have come and gone!

Having said that, obviously all of us have survived, at least till today!!!;)

Oh the stories I could tell if I chose to live in my past!! My shrink has advised me to live in today, not yesterday or tomorrow, just today!! That's why I now sim when I can no longer fly!! So far, it's working out damned well!!;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi Michael,

I'm guessing from snippets of some of your posts you have seen military action, I understand why some things in your memory you want to keep buried as much as possible, my dad was in the RAF during WW2, he wasn't a pilot, but when I used to ask him what he did he always made a joke and said, "As little as possible," but I think he had something to do with communication and/or radio, because as a side line he made money building and repairing them till his eyesight started to fade.

I have worked with many guys who served in WW2 and a lot never liked to talk about it, I could tell a few stories about some of them but I won't here anyway.

Michael, I'm proud we are friends and you have my utmost respect mate.

Col.

These are the stories that I like to read about, either airlines or paying respect to all military service men no matter where they served. My dad was WWII as seals, got a plate in his head so he was discharged not sure how long he served. He really never talked about the war, now that he has been gone for 38 yrs, I wished he talked about it so I have memories of him. I had volunteered for a WWII flying air museum in California prior to moving to N Central Arizona. I met many pilots from WWII, as they had seminars listen to them talk. Most have now since passed. Thanks Col for sharing the pic of BAC 1-11? Kenny

Archived