Corrupt Fonts Folder Win 7 Pro

silverheels2

Hi all:

I have a maddening problem with my Win 7 Pro. It seems that the fonts folder has become corrupt. Anytime I even touch it I get BSoD. Also if I try to open any Wordpad file same result. Notepad seems OK and my FSX and addons all seem ok. I have another Win 7 Pro installation and have managed to copy the Fonts file and carry it over to the troubled rig but when I try to copy or replace it tells me I need permission. I have not been able to figure out how to obtain the permission and replace the folder. Also I have been sloppy and do not have a Restore point to fall back on.

I'd appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks

Rick

Hi all:

I have a maddening problem with my Win 7 Pro. It seems that the fonts folder has become corrupt. Anytime I even touch it I get BSoD. Also if I try to open any Wordpad file same result. Notepad seems OK and my FSX and addons all seem ok. I have another Win 7 Pro installation and have managed to copy the Fonts file and carry it over to the troubled rig but when I try to copy or replace it tells me I need permission. I have not been able to figure out how to obtain the permission and replace the folder. Also I have been sloppy and do not have a Restore point to fall back on.

I'd appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks

Rick

UPDATE: Fixed it finally. What a rigamarole!!!

Archived