Speaking of Trees (2)

Col, I have the same experience, without Orbx......:mad:

:):):) Don't tell me that now you're adventuring yourselve unto terrains with trees. That's much more dangerous in my opinion than terrains with water LOL

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

You said "I landed at EGUP Sculthorp, default with ORBX Global, this is one of my pet hates, damn trees everywhere."

My default FSX doesn't even include EGUP as an airport. So I went to Wikipedia and read it was for all intents and purposes shut down in the 1990's. And most of the buildings were torn down and replaced with warehouses as well. I'd guess a tree could grow fairly large through the cracks of an old unused runway in twenty years. ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Ha Ha trust you to find that out, I'm fly old world remember, 1950-1960's.

Just out of interest regarding Orbx, I asked on their forum if I modified EGNR Hawarden would it effect the Orbx scenery.

The answer I got was the Wales Orbx might be conflicting with the UK Orbx so disable the Wales EGNR and just keep the UK EGNR as it is better.

The next thing he said was, if I alter any of the Orbx scenery the I will be disqualified from any further support if I need it.

So my reply was, 'I'm on the support forum asking and you recommend changing something then if I do I'm disqualified for any further support.'

So what do you do keep the conflict just so you can get support of change it to run properly as advised by them and be disqualified?

Col.

Another one of my pet hates is back track airfields, I've modified a lot in FS9 but for some reason when I do a mod using ADE175 nothing seems to change.

I put the new AFCAD in the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder but FSX ignores it. Yet when I have done my water airports and invisible waypoint ones they are read.

Col.

Just out of interest regarding Orbx, I asked on their forum if I modified EGNR Hawarden would it effect the Orbx scenery.

The answer I got was the Wales Orbx might be conflicting with the UK Orbx so disable the Wales EGNR and just keep the UK EGNR as it is better.

The next thing he said was, if I alter any of the Orbx scenery the I will be disqualified from any further support if I need it.

So my reply was, 'I'm on the support forum asking and you recommend changing something then if I do I'm disqualified for any further support.'

So what do you do keep the conflict just so you can get support of change it to run properly as advised by them and be disqualified?

Col.

Around here we call that a "Hobbs' Choice!!" :mad::mad:

Michael

Col.

Hey Col,

I have ORBX for both Wales and UK so Sue Ling and I took a flight up and over EGNR to see what it looks like. I admit I haven't seen this airport RW, but it looks good to me as is. I attached a a few screenshots to show my view.

What is it you need/want to modify?

Michael

NR1.jpg

NR2.jpg

NR3.jpg

BTW: That last shot was of a ILS to 23. In this shot it appears the ILS might be off the center line a little bit. So, contrary to the norm, I didn't take over and make the landing manually. I let it fly itself to the ground. Sure enough right when we crossed the numbers, we were back on the center-line.

Hi Michael, The center line is off, more noticeable on takeoff.

I will post a screenie of the FS9 version I did and one of the FSX one, notice the red circles in the FSX one compares to my modded FS9 version.

In the FSX version the aircraft join the runway at the small red circle then back track to the start, in my FS9 version I have aircraft joining at the end/start of the runway.

FS9 version

fs9 EGNR.jpg

FSX version

EGNR AFCAD pic.jpg

Archived