Flight Dynamics Using AirEd?

Garciamk3g

I would really Love to learn more about editing Flight Dynamics...... Can anyone Suggest a good Website where I can find some of the Values to enter into AirED for the Skylane 182QRG.

I did manage to find a PDF manual witch contains a Lot of info for the skylane 182Q http://daytonpilotsclub.org/wp-conte...182-RG-POH.pdf but nothing in this PDF File give me the Values for the Control Effectiveness section on the Elevators, or Aileron Entries for AirEd.

For Example Picture Below, Id like to find the real-world Values for these entries.......The values Below are pretty much Default Values as I Haven't even started changing values yet.

Settings.jpg

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

What you need to do is find a copy of Yves Guillaume's PDF titled Flight Dynamics in MSFS V1.0.pdf.

That explains, clearly, what the settings in the .air file do, and how to set them correctly. HOWEVER: You'd better be ready to do some rather advanced algebra. To set the different .air file records properly, you need to calculate what they should be. Yves gives the formulae, but it's up to YOU to run them correctly.

It can be downloaded from HERE.

Or, on the FSDeveloper forum, it can be found HERE. I would use the second link to download it personally. I believe you need to register on the FSDev forum to download it, but I may well be wrong on that. If you do, it's free, and simple to accomplish.

Enjoy! Hope you recall your advanced algebra, and have a good calculator on you PC. Those can be downloaded easily enough. Just google it.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Appreciate the info Pat, will download that PDF File you mentioned:pilot:

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

Archived