Date: 5/16/2018 20:54:41

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: maincomputer

Description:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.9348, time stamp: 0x59a71bf3

Exception code: 0xc000000d

Fault offset: 0x00008aa0

Faulting process id: 0x304c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3ed882791f975

Faulting application path: D:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.9348_none_d08c1480442bf1e1\MSVCR80.dll

Report Id: 137291d7-9fcb-48e1-a883-b52b390cbe2e

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

maincomputer

fsx.exe

46fadb14

MSVCR80.dll

59a71bf3

c000000d

00008aa0

304c

01d3ed882791f975

D:\FSX\fsx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.9348_none_d08c1480442bf1e1\MSVCR80.dll

137291d7-9fcb-48e1-a883-b52b390cbe2e

I have been chasing this bug for months now.. Everywhere I read its the 2005 C++ causing the problem... I cant find a version to reinstall... Anyone else having this issue and have a fix...?????

Hi,

Getting hold of the Visual C++ 2005 Runtime package isn't that hard...........

Simply google Visual C++ 2005 and you will get loads of download links......

However here are links for the 64-bit and 32-bit pages - download the required version for your OS bit rate.

In both cases I suggest downloading and saving the download file to a temp location and then run it by right clicking on it and selecting Run as Admin. Let it install - it will place the files where required - and then once it states the package has installed reboot the PC.

Regards

Brian

Bit of a stab in the dark, but definitely worth a try. Do you have uiautomationcore.dll in your main fsx folder. Not sure if you have a 64 or 32 bit os, but my rudimentary understanding is that it makes 64 bit systems more stable when running FSX. You can down load it from 'must have files' and unzip it to your main folder. In your fsx CFG make the following entry HIGHMEMFIX=1. his doesn't improve frame rate or anything like that, but does contribute to the stability of FSX.

Good Luck

I would not think so - if an AV suite was to stop the install process it would do so at the very start or, more likely, it would have flageed and quarantined the file when you downloaded it.....

I suggest the following course of action.......

1. Run what it called the System File Checker (SFC) utility - its an inbuilt windows tool that can be uses to check the integrity of system files.

To run SFC go to start > run, type CMD and click OK - a new window will open. It will show an entry similair to this - C:\Users\youracctname>

Type cd\ and hit enter - this will take you back to the C:\ prompt

To start SFC type one of the command lines listed below and hit enter

If you just want to verify only type sfc /verifyonly (note the space between sfc and "/") - using this option no changes will be made if errors are found and when it has finished it will display a list of any errors found.

If you want to find and repair errors type sfc /scannow (again note the space between sfc and "/") - using this option the program will automatically attempt to repair any errors found. At the end of the process one of the following messages will be displayed:

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and repaired them.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some (or all) of them.

Note: The process can take a long while to run and may seem to have stalled - it hasn't, just wait until you get the one of the messages stated above. If the first run found multiple problems and states that it was unable to fix some of them, rerun SFC again. This is because one or more of the un-repaired problem file(s) probably relies on one or more of the now fixed files to be running correctly to run itself.

If errors were found - reboot the PC and then test FSX to see if you get another CTD. if you do attempt to install C++ 2005 again.

If no errors were found -

1. Download and install a registry cleaning tool - there are several freeware tools available one such being CCleaner. These types of tool basically search the registry for redundant/corrupted registry keys. Once installed do not run it yet........

2. Go to the windows Programs and Features tool and, if present, uninstall C++ 2005. Following the uninstall, or if it is not present in the list, reboot the PC.

3. Run the registry cleaning tool. Once it has down it thing reboot the PC.

4. Attempt to install C++ 2005. If the install goes fine reboot the PC.

5. Test FSX.

NOTE - the reboots are important. They allow the changes made by the actions taken to be fully registered by the OS

Regards

Brian

Archived