Thread: I Think I'm Ready to Scream

Default I Think I'm Ready to Scream

I was just thinking today how far we've come. When I first started using MSFS, I could fit several aircraft onto a 3.5" floppy disk. Today I downloaded a 33MB aircraft, and it went instantly.

Then I tried to put that aircraft into the program. And I tried. And I tried. I cannot tell you how much time I spent tinkering with it, trying to get the thing to show up in the list, and it still isn't there!

Can someone tell me if there's an issue with the CFG info pasted below? I can't imagine there is.

[fltsim.0]
    title=Airbus A380-842 Lufthansa 2018 Livery
    sim=air_a380
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=DLH2018
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id= D-AIMA
    atc_airline= Lufthansa
    atc_flight_number=LH380
    ui_manufacturer= Airbus
    ui_type= A380-841
    ui_variation= Lufthansa
    ui_typerole= "Commercial Airliner"
    ui_createdby= "Airbus"
    atc_parking_type= GATE
    atc_parking_codes= DLH
    description= Project Airbus A380-800\nRepaint by Phillip Hughes\n\nFeatures include dynamic wingflex (with input from several new variables), accurate LAF simulation, parallel bogies, drooping control surfaces, hardcoded double strobes, and over 40 other custom xml parts. Visit us at www.pairbus.com.

The file is dlh2018-d-aima.zip which just became available recently.

It works fine, Andy! Did you transfer all of the files from the FSX folder in the download to the aircraft folder overwriting the FS2004 stuff?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a380.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	203201
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

3. Default

Don't know if this will help, but I had a similar problem with an A2A C 182 Repaint. The line texture = line was the culprit. The texture folder was titled N*****_Used, the texture = line read texture=N*****
    So I renamed the texture folder to the same as the texture= line and all was well. Apparently, if the texture folder name doesn't match what the texture= line reads, it won't recognize the aircraft and allow it to display. Hope this helped.

4. Default

That's a Good Question, There is a Folder titled [FSX Version] within the Original Folder [Project Airbus A380-842]

I Simply Copy pasted the Contents from the folder [FSX Version] into the Project Airbus A380-842] overwriting some fs9 files and it worked fine (Picture Below).

My [fltsim.0] Entry within the Aircraft.cfg matches the information you posted above so I don't think the entry is causing the Issue.

Last edited by Garciamk3g; 05-17-2018 at 12:23 AM.

It is probably the panel=. FSX doesn't like FS9 panels. Make sure you use the one alias to the B747_400 panel.

Cheers,