Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My default CRJ700 flies with a nose-down attitude

1. Default My default CRJ700 flies with a nose-down attitude

Hello.
    My default (FSX Steam) CRJ700 and the Airbus A321 fly with a nose-down attitude,
    Is this normal ?
    If not, how can it be rectified ?

Other default aircraft (eg B737-800) fly normally (horizontal)

Many thanks

Kind regards

Frank C

Frank - Have you made sure that you have retracted the flaps? Most of the time people question nose up attitudes!

Check that first! - Rick

Frank - Read below, Similar Threads, the one submitted by Double J! Once you read it, you will realize that you might have stirred up the "hornets nest" of conversation relating to this! I haven't seen pics of your aircraft, so I/we can't tell, but I think it all comes down to how your eyes perceive what you see when you look at the aircraft in flight? Probably two people could look at the same image, one might think it's level and the other swear that is "nose down!"

There could be something wrong with the 2 aircraft, but nobody can tell until you share a pic of what you are seeing!

Good luck - Rick
    Last edited by Downwind66; 05-16-2018 at 03:25 PM.

4. Default

You may just be flying too fast.
    Max airspeed restrictions and such are in Knots IAS. Make sure in menu bar - aircraft - realism that "show indicated airspeed" is selected.
    Last edited by il88pp; 05-16-2018 at 03:24 PM.

5. Default

Hello Rick

Thank you for getting back to me.
    The flaps are fully retracted (I am a real-time pilot so this would be very basic to me).
    Only the aforementioned two aircraft fly nose down. I can pause the said aircraft over the sea with the horizon as a guide and it shows clearly the nose-down attitude. Then I change to any other default aircraft (still paused) and new substituted aircraft will line up perfectly with the horizon.
    It does not bother me too much....just doesn't look right!
    I will post a snapshot in the next few days

Many thanks for you time.

Kind regards
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by connolly44 View Post
    Hello Rick

Thank you for getting back to me.
    The flaps are fully retracted (I am a real-time pilot so this would be very basic to me).
    Only the aforementioned two aircraft fly nose down. I can pause the said aircraft over the sea with the horizon as a guide and it shows clearly the nose-down attitude. Then I change to any other default aircraft (still paused) and new substituted aircraft will line up perfectly with the horizon.
    It does not bother me too much....just doesn't look right!
    I will post a snapshot in the next few days

Many thanks for you time.

Kind regards
    Frank
    Thanks, Frank! I think everyone would like to look at a screenshot, as this topic has come up before. I'm very curious, as my CRJ700 and A321's are 2 of my favorite aircraft and I have plenty that I have collected. Both these aircraft have never seemed like they fly nose down, that's why I would like to see a pic! We all look forward to looking at the pic! If they are truly abnormal, there are some very seasoned veterans on here, some were even involved in the past topic discussions!

Thanks Frank and have a nice evening! - Rick

7. Default

Hi Rick
    The CRJ700 and A321 are my only two which fly in this nose-down attitude. The B737 is just an example of aircraft flying horizontally.
    All three aircraft were set to 400 kt Indicated and at the same location/

Name:  A321.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  23.5 KBName:  CRJ700.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  24.5 KBName:  B737.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  24.5 KB
    Last edited by connolly44; 05-16-2018 at 07:00 PM.

8. Default

That's 100knot ias more then it should be. Causing the nose down attitude.

9. Default

Have you tried messing with the fuel and payload menu, shifting weight rearward?

I haven't, but it seemed logical.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb and 1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by connolly44 View Post
    Hi Rick
    The CRJ700 and A321 are my only two which fly in this nose-down attitude. The B737 is just an example of aircraft flying horizontally.
    All three aircraft were set to 400 kt Indicated and at the same location/
    Frank - I don't know what to say, I tried just a few minutes ago, took the CRJ700 to 25,000 feet and tried 2 different airspeeds:

310 KIAS - 456 knots ground speed

380 KIAS - 537 knots ground speed. Note: I never got to the 400 KIAS that you used. The overspeed warning alarm started around 340 - 350 KIAS, it got to 380 and didn't move from there, at least I wasn't going to wait on it!

I did take screenshots and both looked slightly nose down, but it was so negligible that I didn't even bother posting here, but I did save them.

My question and I tend to agree with il88pp, why would you chose to fly the CRJ700 at 400 KIAS? 310 KIAS was producing a 456 knot ground speed (and I didn't have to listen to the overspeed warning). I didn't see it with my aircraft, but I can clearly see the nose down with your screenshots, but I do think that this 400 KIAS airspeed would contribute to the nose down attitude you are getting. I'm going to sit back and see what others say, others that have the expertise to say what is, what should be and explain the difference between the two!

I really hope you find an answer. Like I said, I read earlier today where this topic has come up before!

Anyway, I will be watching, because now I am interested in knowing. Have a nice day! - Rick
    Last edited by Downwind66; 05-17-2018 at 12:14 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast