Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Major texture issue!

1. Default Major texture issue!

Does anyone have any ideas? I only have an area around my aircraft that appears normal and then the rest goes to mush.
    This has appeared out of nowhere globally. I have recently installed airports. To troubleshoot the problem I have replaced every folder and file in my FS installation with the default FS folders and files. No custom files were left in there at all. I additionally ran a default FS9.cfg, removed all nVidia graphics card settings for FS9 and the problem persisted. Does not appear to be any hardware issues on my PC. Got me stumped!

Mark Daniels

i se ethis when i change anisotropic settings.the higher that setting, the bigger the sharp area.
    it might introduc eanomalies tho, so i keep it at 5, then i see no flickering textures.

Translate please: what are anisotropic settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Wensley View Post
    Translate please: what are anisotropic settings?
    It's in the video card settings. You should be able to right click the desktop and go to the video card control panel. In there you can find the setting.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

OK, thanks. Anyway, his problem is solved. He changed the visibility from unlimited (to 70 miles, I think)

OK, thanks. Anyway, his problem is solved. He changed the visibility from unlimited (to 70 miles, I think)
    Ahhh, Roger, this is the post you were referring to?

Rick

7. Default

Just to clarify, not resolved so people don't think the problem is gone. The problem is with more distant textures so I thought changing visibility settings would hide the problem. After a proper flight I found it does not.
    Mark Daniels

lost between how it is and how it ought to be

It is not a problem. It is how FS9 works, always been that way, always will.

peace,
    the Bean
    WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.
    They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StringBean View Post
    It is not a problem. It is how FS9 works, always been that way, always will.

peace,
    the Bean
    May I ask if you see this occur during your flights?
    Mark Daniels

Mark, Stringbean is right, in that the tiling effect you're seeing is always there no matter what.
    There are ways of covering it up though. I do it by editing the FS9.cfg file and changing a setting in FSUIPC:
    In the [Weather] section:
    DefaultVisibility=144841 <-- This is the terrain visibility distance in metres, equal to 90 miles.
    Lower down the list you'll find:
    MAX_UNLIMITED_VIS=144840 <-- Atmospheric visibility distance, equal to 89.99 miles.
    Note that the atmospheric visibility is LESS than the terrain visibility.
    If you reduce the atmospheric visibility further, to 96560 or 60 miles, this will cover up the tiling effect.
    I actually use 48280 or 30 miles.
    In FSUIPC I uncheck the 'Allow external programs to control FS own weather' box. External programs CAN still change the weather, but NOT the maximum unlimited visibility of 30 miles which I set in FS9.cfg above.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Alba L26M1 HDMI TV, Windows 7 x64

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast