Buzzing Rome!

RW it's a real pain flying VFR anywhere near a city! they have Restricted Areas, various Airspace zones, Altitude Restrictions, etc. So, as someone recently commented Flight Sim was their first chance to fly over Cape Canaveral without being chased fighter jets.

Soo, since I was already nearby (at least in the sim world) in Brussels I thought I'd cruise over to Rome and buzz Rome, The Vatican, etc.!!! Sadly there is so much going on there I have to make the screenshots almost tiny to get them under the data size limits. But you can still see where we are pretty well.

Again I'm using a freeware HondaJet from the library of FlightSim.com along with ORBX GLOBAL and ORBX Europe.

If it looks a little hazy there. That's RW weather. So I had to get pretty low to get under the haze. Yet another thing I couldn't do RW!! :cool:;)

Michael

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Some really great views of Rome Michael. There is sure a lot to see with that scenery. :cool: :cool: :)

Thanks Larry!

I just wish I could show you what I see across three screens without the screenshot size limits! What I'm showing is only out of the center screen and it's hugely reduced to be able to post here.

Multiply what you see in these screen shots by about 1.5 to 3 for the center screen. Then add two side screens with the same resolution and you now can imagine what I see while "flying."

I bought P3d version 2 and the latest version 4. I can see a couple of small frame rate improvements using that software. But I've never, even using three screens, been able to see views nearly as true to life as these one screen, reduced size screenshots I published here!

Michael

Be it ever so crumbly, there's no place like Rome! Bravo Michele! Bis! -- Bob

:p:p Bob!! That's one of your better ones!

Thanks,

Michael

Rome, "the" City! (in Latin, they say "Urbs"). Great place to visit!

Rome is among the locations I fly with my Boeing 737-200. Will try to post the next flight about! (but no showing the city, the airport only :pilot:)

Cheers

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Rome, "the" City! (in Latin, they say "Urbs"). Great place to visit!

Rome is among the locations I fly with my Boeing 737-200. Will try to post the next flight about! (but no showing the city, the airport only :pilot:)

Cheers

Why?

Why?

Why? Urbs: Rome was the capital city of the Roman empire, hence the center of the world then (as seen by the Romans of course); and then it turned the seat of papacy, hence the center of Christianity :):)

Why? I don't fly over cities; except whether a approach, or a departure flies over a city linked to one of the airport I fly to/from, I don't take pictures there :) Don't forget, I'm flying realistically

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Archived