Thread: CH Eclipse Yoke No Elevator / Pitch Angle Control

Unhappy CH Eclipse Yoke No Elevator / Pitch Angle Control

I recently had problems with my CH Eclipse Yoke frequently not working which was resolved by unplugging and re-plugging it back into the USB port. It at that time worked fine when this procedure was followed. On a suggestion from a friend, I deleted the CH Eclipse Yoke in Device Manager and let Windows 10 add it back. Now I have the added problem of no elevator (pitch) control. When I go into the CH Control Manager to calibrate, the axis for the elevators (pitch, or pushing the yoke in and pulling it out) is flat lined at the top and is unresponsive. I made a small problem a big one and now can't even use flight simulator. I think this must be software related since my CH Eclipse Yoke would work fine when I used to be able to just keep plugging it in to make it work. Now, it doesn't work at all. Please help !!!!!
    Last edited by MsThang; 05-13-2018 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Misspelling
    It's The Music That Matters

2. Default

Probably an update has broken the functionality. That's all I got. One of the disadvantages of Win 10 is that you are forced with updates. So there's no control. You can try ShutUp10 and go into services and disable the update service.

I don't use updates myself. Never been hacked, never got a virus. You may want to check out Sandboxie for your browser. That's what I use and I don't even use malware protection. Just scan your downloads at virus total.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    FS2004 and FSX are CPU ORIENTATED games. Don't go hog wild on a GPU! Won't matter.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    Probably an update has broken the functionality. That's all I got. One of the disadvantages of Win 10 is that you are forced with updates.
    Please, enough of the Win 10 bashing when you don't even use it! It's highly unlikely that a Windows update caused the problem since it worked before the driver was deleted from device manager.

To the OP, unplug your yoke, uninstall the CH Control manager, delete the yoke from the device manager and reboot your system. Once Windows is fully up and running, plug the yoke in. Once Windows has found and installed the drivers you can then check that the device has been installed correctly by using the ‘Devices and Printers’ option in your Control Panel (type "control panel" into the Windows search box). You should now see your device listed. Right click on the device and select ‘Game Controller settings’ and a ‘Game Controllers’ pop up window will open. Highlight your device and click the ‘Properties’ button. You should now be able to test your yoke. Unless there's a specific feature of the CH Control Manager that you need, it's not necessary to have it installed to use the yoke in Windows.

Once you get it working, it's worth always plugging it into the same USB port. Also, check that the original problem wasn't caused by Windows USB power management: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-p...ng-usb-devices
    Last edited by lesh; 05-13-2018 at 05:44 PM.

4. Default

I'll bash Win 10 when ever, how ever and how often I want! It's an asinine OS and the fact its updates cause issues is why I'll never use it. I have seen countless forum posts all over the internet of Win 10 problems. I can read.

Here's a prime example as to why it could be an update breaking the yoke driver.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...-installation/

https://betanews.com/2015/03/12/micr...ndows-7-users/

Win 10 is like playing Russian Roulette. Some people are fine, others are not and it plays hell with their computer.

BTW- Read my Sig!

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    FS2004 and FSX are CPU ORIENTATED games. Don't go hog wild on a GPU! Won't matter.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

5. Default

So because you don't know what the cause is, it must be Windows fault?

Your reasoning is flawed. If you don't know what the cause is, you simply don't know. That's all that means.

6. Default

No one knows what the cause is! Based on what I know from reading other forums, updates have been known to cause problems, and since Win 10 forces updates I have seen my fair share of people with issues. The link I posted pointed to an update breaking a pedals driver. And I could have sworn that I read the update had issues with a yoke too. Albeit, this is Win 7 only, but never the less, an update in 10 can break things.

To clear things up, I wasn't "bashing" 10. All I said was that an update may have caused the issue and that's all I had. It could very well be the yoke control software. I've heard that cause issues and because of that I don't use it. You really don't need it. I have the CH Products yoke and pedals, but I use Win 7. The update I listed I had to use for my laptop to keep Sandboxie updated, but I'm hesitant to use it on my desktop where I fly seen as how people reported issues with that update.

If you want, I have a giant list of forum postings of people headache's with updates. I'll post it to show you that updates can and will cause issues.
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 05-15-2018 at 12:07 AM.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    If you want, I have a giant list of forum postings of people headache's with updates. I'll post it to show you that updates can and will cause issues.
    Even if you had a thousand different posts about issues with updates, that's just a tiny fraction of the 600 million+ users of Windows 10. People with problems are always the most vocal and Windows is always the easy target. How often do you see posts with titles like "Windows 10 is working perfectly for me" - rarely, if ever, because users generally don't post unless they have problems. If you read through many of the posts where Windows 10 is blamed for issues, a large proportion of them turn out to be nothing to do with the OS (and Windows 7 is no better or worse than Windows 10 in this respect).

Many Steam users have recently been blaming the latest Windows 10 update for problems with their controllers but most of the issues have subsequently been traced to a problem with Steam and not Windows. As I said earlier, Windows is always the easiest target for blame as almost all of us use it.

If the OP's yoke had worked before the Windows update, but not after (and he'd done nothing else to his system) then the update would be a much more likely, but not definite, candidate. The fact that it worked before he deleted the yoke driver, but not afterwards, means that it's almost certainly related to that driver, and not Windows. Why can you not see the logic in this? The chances of an Windows update occurring between him deleting the driver and letting a new one install is so unlikely that it's almost not worth considering.
    Last edited by lesh; 05-15-2018 at 09:20 AM.

8. Default

Msthang,
    to rule out a effective device, plug it into a different computer. See if the device and all axis are working there using the control software.