CH Eclipse Yoke No Elevator / Pitch Angle Control

I recently had problems with my CH Eclipse Yoke frequently not working which was resolved by unplugging and re-plugging it back into the USB port. It at that time worked fine when this procedure was followed. On a suggestion from a friend, I deleted the CH Eclipse Yoke in Device Manager and let Windows 10 add it back. Now I have the added problem of no elevator (pitch) control. When I go into the CH Control Manager to calibrate, the axis for the elevators (pitch, or pushing the yoke in and pulling it out) is flat lined at the top and is unresponsive. I made a small problem a big one and now can't even use flight simulator. I think this must be software related since my CH Eclipse Yoke would work fine when I used to be able to just keep plugging it in to make it work. Now, it doesn't work at all. Please help !!!!!

Ms. Dale Carlson

It's The Music That Matters

Probably an update has broken the functionality. That's all I got. One of the disadvantages of Win 10 is that you are forced with updates. So there's no control. You can try ShutUp10 and go into services and disable the update service.

I don't use updates myself. Never been hacked, never got a virus. You may want to check out Sandboxie for your browser. That's what I use and I don't even use malware protection. Just scan your downloads at virus total.

I'll bash Win 10 when ever, how ever and how often I want! It's an asinine OS and the fact its updates cause issues is why I'll never use it. I have seen countless forum posts all over the internet of Win 10 problems. I can read.

Here's a prime example as to why it could be an update breaking the yoke driver.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/635735/windows-update-kb3033929-wreaking-havoc-for-driver-installation/

https://betanews.com/2015/03/12/microsoft-update-kb3033929-possibly-causing-problems-for-windows-7-users/

Win 10 is like playing Russian Roulette. Some people are fine, others are not and it plays hell with their computer.

BTW- Read my Sig!

No one knows what the cause is! Based on what I know from reading other forums, updates have been known to cause problems, and since Win 10 forces updates I have seen my fair share of people with issues. The link I posted pointed to an update breaking a pedals driver. And I could have sworn that I read the update had issues with a yoke too. Albeit, this is Win 7 only, but never the less, an update in 10 can break things.

To clear things up, I wasn't "bashing" 10. All I said was that an update may have caused the issue and that's all I had. It could very well be the yoke control software. I've heard that cause issues and because of that I don't use it. You really don't need it. I have the CH Products yoke and pedals, but I use Win 7. The update I listed I had to use for my laptop to keep Sandboxie updated, but I'm hesitant to use it on my desktop where I fly seen as how people reported issues with that update.

If you want, I have a giant list of forum postings of people headache's with updates. I'll post it to show you that updates can and will cause issues.

Archived