Missing Carenado Cherokee panel

michaeljulian

I recently purchased another copy of the Carenado Cherokee 180f having lost my last one in a destroyed computer. Everything is fine except there is no panel. I have checked the Aircraft CFG and there is a panel listed but whatever I do seems to make no difference (the aircraft has a self installer). I have also tried to incorporate another Cherokee panel but again with no luck. Does anybody have any ideas for this problem? I have emailed CARENADO support but they do not reply.

I have that aircraft and there is definitely a included panel with the aircraft. Actually has 3, a 2D panel, a VC panel, and also VFR panel view option.

Maybe press "shift+[" to view the panel if it's turned off.

Otherwise, Carenado lets you download purchased aircrafts up to 10x in case it got deleted somehow.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I have checked the panel section in the aircraft cfg and it says Alias=Carenado piper archer II\panel. I have no such aircraft. Furthermore I have now downloaded the aircraft from the original Carenado download in my downloads folder and there is no change. Still panel less.

I have checked the panel section in the aircraft cfg and it says Alias=Carenado piper archer II\panel. I have no such aircraft. Furthermore I have now downloaded the aircraft from the original Carenado download in my downloads folder and there is no change. Still panel less.

Does Carenado sell this aircraft with just an aliased panel to another aircraft? Are you suppose to buy 2 aircraft instead?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

This is what I got. Originally the folder was simply named "Carenado Cherokee" but I renamed it.

Piper 180f.jpg

The Carenado download file name is "PI800.zip". Maybe you got a older version?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Mr Z & Dogdish - Okay, the missing piece of the puzzle will be found if he can produce screenshot(s) of what Dogdish has provided plus a copy of his aircraft.cfg file. Then you guys will be be able to figure out what is going on! I can somewhat feel Mr Z's frustration when he provides you guys with a alias=Carenado piper archer II\panel. It hard to believe that could happen, but who knows? Dogdish, it doesn't look like you are new to the Carenado family, as I see many in your fleet! Have you ever seen an alias from Carenado?

Anyway, good luck guys! I'll be watching, as now the OP has my curiosity! - Rick

Mr Z & Dogdish - Okay, the missing piece of the puzzle will be found if he can produce screenshot(s) of what Dogdish has provided plus a copy of his aircraft.cfg file. Then you guys will be be able to figure out what is going on! I can somewhat feel Mr Z's frustration when he provides you guys with a alias=Carenado piper archer II\panel. It hard to believe that could happen, but who knows? Dogdish, it doesn't look like you are new to the Carenado family, as I see many in your fleet! Have you ever seen an alias from Carenado?

Anyway, good luck guys! I'll be watching, as now the OP has my curiosity! - Rick

Thanks, Rick! My next offering will be a 20lb sledgehammer. That fixes everything;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

OK, here is the Aircraft.cfg, I never installed any additional liveries so these are the 4 [fltsim.x] default entries...

Piper 180f 02.jpg

Perhaps Michael you installed some Carenado Archer liveries that have different model=, panel= that have the "Alias=Carenado piper archer II\panel"

If you change them to the above, maybe you have the panel after all. Have you tried loading one of the default liveries?

One last one of the typical model.cfg's...

Piper 180f 03.jpg

Also noticed Carenado DOES have a FS2004 PA28 181 ARCHER II model. The liveries are probably somewhat interchangeable (except for the Aircraft.cfg entries)

• 6 months later...

Here is the afg

[fltsim.0]

title=PA-28 Archer WHITE

sim=Archer_Carenado

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=

kb_checklists=Check_List_Archer

kb_reference=Reference_Archer

atc_id=N7826K

ui_manufacturer="Carenado"

ui_type=Archer II

ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"

ui_createdby="Carenado"

ui_variation=WHITE

description="The Archer belongs to the PA-28 family (or Cherokee family) of aircraft model. It was born in 1974 when the ôChallengerö was renamed to ôArcherö (PA-28-181). Four seat, single piston engine (180 HP), unpressurized, low wing and tricycle landing gear. It is a direct competitor to the C172."

atc_heavy=0

atc_airline=

atc_flight_number=

atc_id_color=0000000000

visual_damage

Archived