Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Missing Carenado Cherokee panel

Thumbs down Missing Carenado Cherokee panel

I recently purchased another copy of the Carenado Cherokee 180f having lost my last one in a destroyed computer. Everything is fine except there is no panel. I have checked the Aircraft CFG and there is a panel listed but whatever I do seems to make no difference (the aircraft has a self installer). I have also tried to incorporate another Cherokee panel but again with no luck. Does anybody have any ideas for this problem? I have emailed CARENADO support but they do not reply.

Is there a panel folder with stuff inside it in the aircraft folder? I would hope with a payware aircraft that it doesn't alias a panel.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

3. Default

I have that aircraft and there is definitely a included panel with the aircraft. Actually has 3, a 2D panel, a VC panel, and also VFR panel view option.

Maybe press "shift+[" to view the panel if it's turned off.

Otherwise, Carenado lets you download purchased aircrafts up to 10x in case it got deleted somehow.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb and 1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

I have checked the panel section in the aircraft cfg and it says Alias=Carenado piper archer II\panel. I have no such aircraft. Furthermore I have now downloaded the aircraft from the original Carenado download in my downloads folder and there is no change. Still panel less.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeljulian View Post
    I have checked the panel section in the aircraft cfg and it says Alias=Carenado piper archer II\panel. I have no such aircraft. Furthermore I have now downloaded the aircraft from the original Carenado download in my downloads folder and there is no change. Still panel less.
    Does Carenado sell this aircraft with just an aliased panel to another aircraft? Are you suppose to buy 2 aircraft instead?

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

6. Default

This is what I got. Originally the folder was simply named "Carenado Cherokee" but I renamed it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Piper 180f.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	351.1 KB 
ID:	203151

The Carenado download file name is "PI800.zip". Maybe you got a older version?
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb and 1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Mr Z & Dogdish - Okay, the missing piece of the puzzle will be found if he can produce screenshot(s) of what Dogdish has provided plus a copy of his aircraft.cfg file. Then you guys will be be able to figure out what is going on! I can somewhat feel Mr Z's frustration when he provides you guys with a alias=Carenado piper archer II\panel. It hard to believe that could happen, but who knows? Dogdish, it doesn't look like you are new to the Carenado family, as I see many in your fleet! Have you ever seen an alias from Carenado?

Anyway, good luck guys! I'll be watching, as now the OP has my curiosity! - Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind66 View Post
    Mr Z & Dogdish - Okay, the missing piece of the puzzle will be found if he can produce screenshot(s) of what Dogdish has provided plus a copy of his aircraft.cfg file. Then you guys will be be able to figure out what is going on! I can somewhat feel Mr Z's frustration when he provides you guys with a alias=Carenado piper archer II\panel. It hard to believe that could happen, but who knows? Dogdish, it doesn't look like you are new to the Carenado family, as I see many in your fleet! Have you ever seen an alias from Carenado?

Anyway, good luck guys! I'll be watching, as now the OP has my curiosity! - Rick
    Thanks, Rick! My next offering will be a 20lb sledgehammer. That fixes everything

I heard that you were good with a sledgehammer!

I really don't get the part about the alias panel??? Especially being a Carenado product!

10. Default

OK, here is the Aircraft.cfg, I never installed any additional liveries so these are the 4 [fltsim.x] default entries...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Piper 180f 02.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	443.7 KB 
ID:	203153

Perhaps Michael you installed some Carenado Archer liveries that have different model=, panel= that have the "Alias=Carenado piper archer II\panel"

If you change them to the above, maybe you have the panel after all. Have you tried loading one of the default liveries?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast