Model Converter X (MCX)

ColR1948

I am trying to modify an amphibian aircraft so the wheels stay locked up, I read that it can be done using MCX.

I opened the model in MCX then I went through the options but I'm a bit stuck where and what to do to lock the wheels up, where do I look and how, if anyone can help please?

I have a few Amphibians I would like to modify so once I know how I can do the rest.

Col.

It would seem like people MIGHT want the gear to be 'Not Retractable' (ie: down) all the time so you do not land on hard surface with the gear up (forget to extend). For this you would simply change the 'retraction/extension' time to zero (ie: 5.7, 5.5 to 0.0, 0.0) for each gear in contact points section in aircraft cfg. Having the gear down all the time would NOT effect water landings at all. Why you would want them up all the time escapes me. But there might be a reason to do this?

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi Chuck, the reason is I am using a few Amphibians as AI and I want the gear retracted so they sit on the water and look right and land with the gear up.

At the moment I lowered the points so the sit lower and hid the gear, but obviously when they leave the water the gear is down till they reach a certain height then they retract.

Col.

It would seem like people MIGHT want the gear to be 'Not Retractable' (ie: down) all the time so you do not land on hard surface with the gear up (forget to extend). For this you would simply change the 'retraction/extension' time to zero (ie: 5.7, 5.5 to 0.0, 0.0) for each gear in contact points section in aircraft cfg. Having the gear down all the time would NOT effect water landings at all. Why you would want them up all the time escapes me. But there might be a reason to do this?

Chuck B

Napamule

Chuck - On the FSX default DeHavilland Beaver float plane, is there a way to get the floats off the asphalt? Usually you can look at the aircraft.cfg contact points and make an educated guess which points are for the landing gear wheels/tires (if this model even has that capablility). Hard to fly this unless you plant it in the middle of a lake. It would be nice if there was some flexability that you could water land it or drop it onto a runway!

Thanks - Rick

I tried this on the Grumman Goose but the gear stayed down, I altered other figures and tested each time but still the gear stayed down.

Edited out the Gear points and just had the Float points but the gear was still down.

Col.

Archived