OBS, Blender, Bandicam, or Fraps ?

GBJim

I am starting to use FSRecorder, and I now need a way to upload my flights to Youtube to share with friends. My big question is; How do I prep and upload them to youtube ? Which is the best route to take, OBS, Blender, Bandicam, or Fraps ? Do these programs prepare them automatically, or do I also need something extra like Movie Maker before I upload them to youtube ? The old geezer here needs a simple, and efficient way to produce high quality videos for youtube .

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

The reason I recommend Fraps is because there is no learning curve. Start it up and minimize it. Press 1 key ('Insert') to toggle recording on/off. That simple. It also records flawless sound. I would get the payware as it is a one time deal and it's forever YOUR Fraps. It's only $37 (cheap!).

It makes huge size recordings. But that can be fixed by running it thru Movie Maker (free), or Sony Vegas, which reduces the size to 1/30 of size. A 7,500 Mb (5 min Fraps - avi) file will end up as a 200 Mb file. Save it as *.mp4 to upload to YouTube. You do this once or twice and you will see it's really easy, but just 'NEW', that's all.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?311321-Making-videos-to-send-to-friends

Not to criticize, but you are repeating yourself. You are trying to do something that requires alot of learning. There are three basics. Recorder, editor, and a way to present.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

You Can Stream Directly to youtube ( via OBS) and then let Youtube Record it for you - quality is another story, but it is a one step thing - examples are in the General Support Forum for AutoSportsSimulations.com - you will see the label in the title Stream -

Otherwise you can go with FS Reorder, then Fraps, and then a Mpeg to MP4 Converter for possible better resolutions -

It makes huge size recordings. But that can be fixed by running it thru Movie Maker (free), or Sony Vegas,

I'm not familiar with OBS, Blender or Bandicam, but Fraps is, as Chuck says, very simple to use, so I'd fully agree with using Fraps to start with, and you can try it initially with the free version which still captures fine movies but with a watermark and limited to 30 seconds for each run -- you can start it again immediately, though -- but besides Movie Maker and Vegas, there are also Pinnacle Studio and Corel Video Studio for converting to .mp4, adding titles, and editing in many, many ways.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Archived