Important Message for Airport Design Editor Users

scruffyduck

We have recently been advised that traffic on our server service is exceeding the acceptable limits. This appears to be due to the growth of ADE users over the years and the automatic update checking that is part of the software. As a result we have urgently released a new version 1.76.6704. This version removes the automatic check and replaces it with a user controlled reminder system. This version will update only versions 1.75.6420 and later. Please note that if you are running a version of ADE older than the current 1.75 production series then you will continue to generate automatic requests to the server each time you run ADE. Unless you have good reasons to avoid the current version then please consider updating to 1.75 to reduce the request load further.

We are aware that older versions will indicate that they are up to date. This is another glitch which we hope to deal with but be assured that any version earlier than 1.75 is an old version which cannot be updated other than by installing the current production version (1.75.6420 and later). Also we are generally unable to provide support and fixes for older versions.

This article describes the steps needed to update or upgrade: https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive.com/s/help_docs/m/20268/l/888968-release-notes-1-76-6704

As always please let me know of any problems - this has been released rather quickly.....

Thanks for your help

Jon

ScruffyDuck Software

I just tried installing 1.75. That went fine.

Then I chose to import settings, from my 1.67 version I have. That got stuck.

Error message:

""Could not file file: C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor165\ADE-GP_Compile.ini on the source version so cannot be copied.""

I checked, and there is indeed no such file in that location. But there is a file called:

ADE-GP.ini

Is that the file with the settings the new version wants? Should I rename the file in the old version to ADE-GP-Compile.ini, and use import settings again?

(Btw, 165 is working fine. Even though the folder is \Airport Design Editor 165\, the version in it is 1.67.5684.29938)

(ps, the quoted text is literally that. So including the typo: file file.)

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did not change the filename.

I went through the next steps in the wizard, 4 pages, and I think all fields were filled out correctly.

SDK folders were correct.

Measurements and such I am not sure they were my defaults, but no matter.

So it seems all went well.

I would still be interested to know the reason for that message. Is there really a file missing from my ADE165 install?

Thank you,

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have it in mine and it is different than ADE-GP.ini

You could make a new text file and name it ADE-GP_Compile.ini

This is what is in mine...

Line Visibility=0
Poly Visibility=0
Group Size=10000
Compile Local Elev.=True
Compile Special=False
Compile for DX-10=True

Is it possible that you have never compiled a ground poly made with the GP Editor?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

There may be some differences between file names in different versions. However if the .ini file is missing then ADE will recreate it and it will not cause any errors. This one is an ini file that is used during compile and is not that critical.

In general importing settings can be a bit hit an miss depending on version differences.

Ok, I'm reassured. Thanks.

I haven't ever used a 'ground poly editor' I think. I did make poly's by clicking points, and for example making something 'no autogen, etc'. But no "editor".

I just checked btw, and in the new ADE 175 folder is no file ADE-GP_Compile.ini file either. There is a file: ADE_GroundPolys.dll

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived