Help with cockpit instruments (Skyspirit 777-300ER)

GoPats

Hi guys I just registered on this awesome forum I’m Ben!

I recently downloaded the Skyspirit 777-300ER in the Air Canada and the China Airlines livery. The modell and the animations are working fine but the cockpit instruments aren’t working. Plus I can’t use the autopilot because the the buttons aren’t working even in the 2d cockpit. The only buttons working are autothrust, gear and some lights... that’s it.

Welcome to the forum! Any hint as to where you downloaded this aircraft from? If it's from the Library here, can you post the file name. If from offsite, can you post a link?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

In a 3d cockpit you can't push the buttons if the viewpoint is too far back.

Use contr+Enter and Contr+Backspace to move the viewpoint forward and back.

Shift+enter moves it up.

Contr+Shift+Enter moves it right.

(and backspace the opposite directions.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I downloaded this aircraft from Simviation.com

Here’s the link: https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Air+Canada&categoryId=&page=3&filename=

It is the second last file.

Downloading now and will try it out. When you say "cockpit instruments not working" Does that mean the displays don't show or is it just some of the buttons/switches don't work?

UPDATE: All displays and A/P and AT knobs and buttons and display windows function normally. Using the LNAV and VNAV will take some getting use to, but the A/P and A/T responded well to inputs.

Oh really? Do you have any messenger like IG or Facebook Messenger where I can show you some pictures of the problem? My cockpit shows everything correct but the instruments are just black it’s like as the plane is standing at a gate without the APU or GPU connected so there’s no power but I’m still able to fly it... ;)

Oh really? Do you have any messenger like IG or Facebook Messenger where I can show you some pictures of the problem? My cockpit shows everything correct but the instruments are just black it’s like as the plane is standing at a gate without the APU or GPU connected so there’s no power but I’m still able to fly it... ;)

You can post your pics inside of your posts. It's the third ICON from the right. Now my suspicion is you are missing the 777-300 gauge and maybe one other in your Main FSX Gauges folder. I would suggest that you download and install this aircraft from our File Library. pt_b777-300er_fsx.zip.

This download has an auto installer that will install it to your Sim, unless you are using FSX-SE. It will put the proper gauges where they belong.

These are the gauges you need.

777-300 gauges.JPG

This panel "seems" to have a bug in it: Cannot seem to quite remedy any of the hydraulic pressure

warnings listed on the engine display screen - anyone have a solution?

Other than that, it's a really good freeware panel.

This panel "seems" to have a bug in it: Cannot seem to quite remedy any of the hydraulic pressure

warnings listed on the engine display screen - anyone have a solution?

Other than that, it's a really good freeware panel.

Jar-Jar say "pressa dis button, massa Jedi!"

kill hyd warnings.JPG

am I dumb?? :)

Maybe??;)

FSX - FSX Jetliners FSX Platinum Airways Boeing 777-300 ER

[ Download | View ]

Name: pt_b777-300er_fsx.zip

Size: 50,882,493 Date: 08-09-2013 Downloads: 1,277

pt_b777-300er_fsx.gif

fcq1.gif FSX Platinum Airways Boeing 777-300 ER. Project Open Sky B777-300 ER full aircraft, repainted in Platinum Airways' new livery by Al Nel, auto-installer by Vic Ayres. Platinum Airways is the Open Skies VA that allows its pilots to fly the mission of their choice with the aircraft of their choice at the time of their choice.

ok... now just to clear things up. I´m as you may saw still a rookie in adding addons to the sim. I´m using the boxed version of FSX not SE. My question to you or to the whole community was why my cockpit instruments in my SKYSPIRIT T7 aren´t working as they normally should.

FSX help photos.PNG

Here you can see how it looks for me. The 3d one looks just the same.

Now you posted this link of this Platinum T7...cool! But that is a POSKY 777 or what???

I may seem a bit dumb yeah but im still very new to this ( 3 weeks tbh :) ) I AM CONFUSED!

ok... now just to clear things up. I´m as you may saw still a rookie in adding addons to the sim. I´m using the boxed version of FSX not SE. My question to you or to the whole community was why my cockpit instruments in my SKYSPIRIT T7 aren´t working as they normally should.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]203173[/ATTACH]

Here you can see how it looks for me. The 3d one looks just the same.

Now you posted this link of this Platinum T7...cool! But that is a POSKY 777 or what???

I may seem a bit dumb yeah but im still very new to this ( 3 weeks tbh :) ) I AM CONFUSED!

Don't be confused! Install that aircraft! Even if you don't want that particular POSKY 777-300, you can delete it after it is installed. You need the gauges! Worst case scenario, PM me your email address and I will send those gauges to you.

OK, now where's my "Bang head here" sign??

So...this aircraft was installed to your Sim using the automatic installer? If so, then the gauges should be in your FSX/Gauges folder not in the aircraft folder.

Run your Sim and choose the Canada Air 777-300 and see if the cockpit shows correctly.

Just to show you what's inside that download I've installed it to my own made folder. Notice what is circled. The 777-300 gauge is inside of the gauge folder and the other one is by itself.

You sure take a lot of convincing! If everything is now working, you can delete the Platinum 777 from your Sim.

crap.JPG

Forgot to ask this "Important" question. Are you running the disc version of FSX or FSX-SE? If FSX, do you have SP1 and SP2 installed or do you have Acceleration?

Disc Version

SP1 and 2 installed

Acceleration is not installed but i could

OK, so have you tried your aircraft and do the panels show correctly? Have you checked your Main FSX Gauges folder and see the Boeing777-300 gauge and the MSVCR70.dll in there?

gauges.JPG

You do know how to find the Gauges folder inside of your FSX folder?

FSX folder.JPG

Only other thing to try is to use that aircraft download and aim it towards a folder you create instead of FSX. Once you have it in that folder, it will be like I showed in my screenshot (post 17) and you can copy.paste it from there.

Click where I show and create a folder in "My Documents" and give it a name like airplane. and then click OK to install. You need to learn new things if you want to be able to add aircraft and scenery to your Sim.

Install.JPG

Archived