A couple of more classic Airlines & Aircraft

Because a lot of simmers have replied to my post on how much they liked them. So here are some more actual routes & approximately years of service well, as actual Reg#'s. Hope you enjoy as much as I do bringing back our classics. Kenny

TWA-DC-9-10-1964-actual-route-real-reg#-JFK-PHL-sm.jpg

TWA DC-9-10 1964 JFK-PHL with actual Reg #N1051T as well as route.

McDonnell_Douglas_DC-9-14,_Trans_World_Airlines_(TWA)_JP5947114-sm.jpg

Actual TWA Airlines DC-9-10 N1051T

United-Airlines-Caravelle-SE-210-1961-LAS-LAX-actual-route-sm.jpg

United Airlines Caravelle SE-210 1961 LAS-LAX actual Reg# N1003U & route

a6173dc8407d7bd0313bed67e865b4e6-sm.jpg

Actual United Airlines Caravelle SE-210 N1003U

The Caravelle looks nice but horrible to load, I remember working the Air France one that used to fly in to EGCC, it used to carry a spare wheel in the rear hold.

Sometimes it deployed it chutes on landing and the engineers used to go mad because they had to fold it and put it back, apparently it wasn't easy.

Col.

Hi!

Fine Caravelle at Vegas! :pilot: From the commentary about the Caravelle, I should feel happy to have landed safe the day, or two I flew aboard one :):):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Thanks again to all that responded to my post. Just like you all like my giving info, well I like reading all your stories about either your working ground crew or passenger on the old Caravelle. I forgot about UAL having one, I wondered what were they thinking as they always used American A/C companies. As I read Col post, I thought I saw a chute to slow it down. Was that on all Caravelle's or just Air France. I did search and found it showed Air France with a chute. I can see your point as it would get old folding that chute putting it back in it's compartment. Kenny

Air_France_Caravelle_with_parachute.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Sorry for replying so late ! I just discovered your post today. All Caravelles had a tail parachute as they had no reverse on the engines. So chute was there "in case of".. After landing with parachute openinc, the mecanician unhooked the chute and put in the tail compartment a complete kit with a well folded parachute inside, ready for next use. The used one was freighted back to the workshop for correct folding. I'm working on a Real caravelle and nobody could ever fold the parachute correctly ! It had been used in 1981 during the last landing.

Thanks for the info very inresting reading. At times that had to get real old repacking the chute. I cannot believe that that plane had no reverses, thought all planes did even back then. I see in your post that you are restoring a real Caravelle, I didn't think you can still find them. What is the paint scheme going to be? Kenny

Archived