New to Flight Simulators, recommendations on hardware?

Hey all, I've just purchased FSX:Steam Edition, and I currently am playing on a decent PC, (GTX1080 FE, 24gb Ram, i7-4700) and using an Xbox One controller for controlling my planes. I am interested in expanding my rig, but all of the different flight sticks, yokes, pedals, and other peripherals (not too familiar with the different terminologies, still working on that!) that exist are overwhelming, making research on my own well.... Overwhelming, can anyone give me a good brand to start with, or other recommendations? As I'm new to this all. A starting budget for me would be 200-400 dollars for a decent Flight Yoke or Joystick and pedals (not sure where that would get me, but I'm looking something that will last me a good while until I get more experienced with flight sims.)

A logitech logitech 3d pro is a good joystick to start with. Can control all control surfaces of the plane, elevator, aelerons, rudder, because of twist axis. Also has buttons that you can tie to aircraft functions. And not too expensive. 45 bucks or so.

Use something like that first. Then while flying decide if you want to invest in a setup with yoke, rudder pedals, and throttle controller. (total 300$-350) (or several 1000's if you get the most expensive models/brands.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i would go for the saitek x52, very wellbuild, last ages.

maybe buttons avialble, well in your pricerange, but be sure you really want to go on with the flying.

a decent joystick can be had for just 30 to 40.

Archived