Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TimeStay. lua

1. Default

Hi Ian.
    My use of XP11-1120 is very limited. I only use it for IFR practice, and very rarely.
    I find it very limited when it comes to using it as an instructional tool for VFR training.
    It's during Sunset with low clouds, or IMC. In the VFR / sunset I start it and it stays there within that 60 seconds time.
    In IMC is basically the same time window, but others may find the ability to enable / disable it at different / any times useful, the above Script should work for them.

One thing I was not able to accomplish using LUA is to start a session with the "hialt" selection for Sky color, it seems to default to "mount" and I found no way around it. Do you know of a way to do that?
    Thanks.

2. Default

Not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve, what does hialt and mount mean? Do you know if there are datarefs for what you are looking for?

3. Default

Hi Ian.
    These are choices you can select in Developer>Sky color menu in XP. It sets mount:=1, and I think that is one type of Colors available. If you set the hialt=1 the colors of the sky change.
    My goal is to have the XP colors default to "hialt" but I cannot make it stick, every time XP11 starts it defaults to "mount", regardless of the Situation I save with "hialt" on or not.

4. Default

Yup, the saved situation function of XP doesn't save everything, for example weather is not saved properly, even the date gets messed up, as does many other settings.

Can't see a way to change sky colours via a lua script either...

5. Default

Hi Ian.
    It's not a huge issue, it only takes a few seconds to re assign, it just surprised me that it cannot be done.
    Thanks for confirming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2