Thread: BREAKING NEWS! C-130 Crashed and Burned near Savannah, GA

Default BREAKING NEWS! C-130 Crashed and Burned near Savannah, GA

A Puerto Rican National Guard C-130 with 9 souls aboard crashed about an hour ago during a training mission, killing 2 of the crew. The aircraft is a total loss.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/38094821/w...port-wentworth
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

In the news I saw, it said the plane was on it's way to Davis-Monthan in Arizona to be "retired". Read "Mothballed".

"A Training Mission" seems to be the military's version of "a weather balloon" for UFO sightings. The plane could have been hit by a Stinger missile on a low bombing run in Afghanistan, or taken down by an Aphid missile in a dog-fight over Iran, it was on a "Training Mission".

All that aside, I feel for the people lost, their friends, and their families.
    Pat☺

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!
    Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now

Security cam footage caught the aircraft after it apparently stalled on climb out, rolled to port, and became essentially a lawn dart. What an absolute shame. According to reports Puerto Rico has the oldest and least reliable C-130s still flying, which really comes as no great surprise. Two of their remaining five are dead-lined at the moment.
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...