World's longest flight gets longer

The mind boggles ... what compares? B-52 Chrome Dome missions, maybe the B-36 in its heyday? I don't think the Tu-95 Bear flies 20+ hour missions.

Any flightsim aircraft have range to simulate this, without "inflight" refueling?

From The Daily Post:

World's longest flight is set to get longer thanks to this Airbus jet

"It [A350 XWB] will enter service with launch operator Singapore Airlines in second half 2018 when its routes will include the world’s longest commercial service between Singapore and New York.

It is a distance of 9,521 miles - taking around 20 flying hours."

Note, it's said it will probably be all business class seating, not sardine-tight economy seats. But still. What a long haul!

The mind boggles ... what compares? B-52 Chrome Dome missions, maybe the B-36 in its heyday? I don't think the Tu-95 Bear flies 20+ hour missions.

Any flightsim aircraft have range to simulate this, without "inflight" refueling?

From The Daily Post:

World's longest flight is set to get longer thanks to this Airbus jet

"It [A350 XWB] will enter service with launch operator Singapore Airlines in second half 2018 when its routes will include the world’s longest commercial service between Singapore and New York.

It is a distance of 9,521 miles - taking around 20 flying hours."

Note, it's said it will probably be all business class seating, not sardine-tight economy seats. But still. What a long haul!

That is amazingly long for a flight. I know that in FS X, it is possible to set one of the realism settings to "unlimited fuel", so that way you would be able to do the flight in a similar aircraft until the real one is available for FS. I've always wanted to take off in the 172 and head in a southernly direction and just come back the next day to see how far it had gotten.

Best,

Sean

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

Archived